[2] The Unexpected

Jordan groggily opened his eyes and came face to face with a sheep, whose curious eyes were staring straight at him. He let out a small gasp of surprise and jumped back, spooking the sheep in the process and falling into the water again. As the sheep trotted away, Jordan pulled himself out of the river and onto the sandy shores. He looked ahead and saw nothing but green hills and green trees. Strangely, everything seemed to be a repeat of the day he first landed in the world of Mianite, from when he washed up on shore to the grassy mounds that spread through the land. Déjà vu, Jordan thought.

He squeezed the water from his clothes, more his shirt than anything else, and began walking to try and find something or someone, more specifically. But the longer he walked, the more he began to lose hope. As far the eye could see, it was more and more of trees and grass than civilization and houses. He explored different caves and tunnels for any signs, but always came up short. That was until he ran his hands along the side of a stone cave. Next to a couple bits of shiny metallic ore, the stone seemed to be cracked around the sides, as if it had been constantly removed and put back.

Grasping the edges of the stone panel, Jordan shoved it aside to reveal a short tunnel with stairs at the end. He quickly slipped inside, making sure to close the panel behind him, and dashed up the stairs. He couldn't believe his eyes once he got inside.

It was a vault, more specifically Tom's. The place seemed to be ransacked, all its chests robbed of anything valuable or of use, but Jordan could clearly tell it was Tom's by the various things mounted on the wall and of course, the pink shirt that hung over a chair, the words "such cute omg" stitched into its left side. It wasn't his most recent house underneath the lighthouse, from what he remembered, it was the one closer to the community farms and his own old house next to Jerry's Tree 2.0 and the ocean.

He rummaged through various chests for any sort of weapon or supply, but all he found useful was a long stick and the pointy edge of a large broken piece of glass from a cracked bottle. Jordan fastened the two things together and held his makeshift spear in front of him, spinning in a full circle before exiting to Tom's house. The house looked the same; it still had all the rave colors he remembered adding with Tucker and Sonja.

Just as Jordan entered the enchantment area, a loud voice echoed through the room.

"Freeze!" the voice yelled, and by instinct, Jordan pointed the spear at the person standing at the front door. "Put the weapon down!"

Jordan didn't lower his spear.

"Put it down or I shoot." The person steadied the bow they were holding and notched an arrow. Jordan still didn't lower his weapon, and inched closer to the person until the tip of the glass was only inches away. The mysterious person just grunted and swatted the spear away in one fluid move, making it break in half. Jordan's eyes widened and dropped what was left of the spear on the ground.

"Who are you?" the person demanded, putting back their arrow in their quiver and prodding Jordan with a dagger.

"I could ask the same," Jordan replied, his eyes narrowing.

He could see the person's eyes form into a glare. "I would answer the questions you are given. Now again, who are you?"

"Sparklez," Jordan answered in a bold voice. "Captain Sparklez to you."

The person immediately lowered their weapon. "Sparklez?" They threw off their hood and embraced Jordan in a hug. He stood frozen, completely and utterly confused as to what was happening. When the person pulled away, he could see the face of a girl. Her brown hair was pulled behind her head in a ponytail, with multiple streaks of royal purple hair. She radiantly smiled and hugged Jordan again.