Prologue

Dan really wasn't sure if he should of let Chris drag him here. Yes, if he hadn't, he would spent this entire night hiding in his room with Netflix on and stuffing his face with Halloween sweets but it's not like this is much better. 

The lights were turned down low. Dan guessed they were trying to make the atmosphere look 'spooky' but, all it really did was force Dan (and everyone else) into squinting. No one could really tell who people were. In one corner, a pretty decent sound system blasted dance music while couples and small groups of skimpily dressed girls danced and drank from bottles and black cups. Dan didn't really like the look of that corner. Everyone just seemed to be grinding on each other or drinking.

Opposite them, and near where Dan was stood, there was table piled with beer, wine, punch and literally everything alcoholic. There was also bowls of jelly spiders; chocolate eyeballs and other similarly themed Halloween sweets. 

Dan had to admit, Chris had done a pretty decent job of making his place look good. If Dan wasn't so depressed about Sara stamping on his heart, he would be enjoying himself.

Dan sighed and stared down at the still full cup of 'witch's potion' in his hand. He took a sip and shuddered a little bit as the mixture of God knows what slid down his throat. He could definitely taste vodka though... And something fruity?

Across the room, Chris spotted him and waved. Dan waved back and forced a grin on his face. Chris murmured something to the girl he was stood with then started making his way over to Dan. Dan sighed. Great. Now he was gonna get some pep talk about how he should be enjoying himself.

Chris had dressed up as Howard form The Big Bang Theory and Dan was getting a bit worried about how many similarities they had, both in looks and personality right now. In fact, Chris's costume was a bit too good.

"What's up?" Chris yelled. Everyone had to yell over the music, it was so loud that Dan could feel the vibrations through the floor.

"I think I'm gonna head off. I'm not in the mood," Dan yelled back. Chris frowned and shook his head.

"As if I'd let you just leave and mope at home over that bitch," Chris shouted back. Dan frowned.

"Don't called Sara that!" As Dan shouted this, the song finished leaving the room in silence. Dan's voice carried around the room and slowly, even though a new song was starting, everyone turned to look at him.

Sara, and her new boyfriend Scott, included. 

Dan's cheeks flushed red as Sara sighed and Scott glared at him. He shook his head at Chris and sped off, dodging in-between the sweaty, grinding bodies. Oh God, he couldn't believe that had just happened to him! It was just his bloody luck. Of course the song finished then and of course, Sara heard him. 

He finally broke out of the house and into the back garden, where people were smoking or talking. It was much quieter outside, the music was much softer. You didn't have to yell out here. 

Dan sighed, hating his loud voice right now, and took a sip of his drink. It was starting to grow on him now. He swallowed the drink as a small, literally minitarue, girl walked over to him. 

She looked his age but Dan couldn't get over how tiny she was. She barely even reached his shoulders and she looked so thin, he felt if he even held her too hard, she'd snap into a million pieces. Her hair was a dark, blood red but it was stiff and obviously a wig. It curled at the bottom, reaching down to her chest. She was dressed in a long sleeved, floor length dress that was inky black and had a scooping 'v' neckline. 

The thing that made her costume all add together was the powder white face, the grey smudges under her cheekbones and around her eyes and the ruby red lips with some dribbles of 'blood' down her chin. The creepiest thing about her was her eyes. They were the same red, that was on her lips and dribbling down her chin, but they seemed to glow. They even made the sweet smile on her face look kinda evil.