Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Alex POV

On the fifth of May, Luke and I - we actually had a conversation we're making progress people! - made the decision to invite all our friends over. Why? I'm not sure, it was Luke's idea.

That was two hours ago.

It's five now, and I'm kind of regretting my decision.

It's a little awkward around here. Everyone knows I been asking their opinions, everyone knows not everyone is on the same page.

I'm just waiting for someone to break the ice.

It's wonderful timing, isn't it?

"So, how you taking the break up?" Ashlyn asks us, causing Luke and I to squirm.

"Why would they break up?" Julia sassily questions.

Ashlyn scoffs, saying: "Because always argue."

"That may be so, like each other, it's obvious. I can tell it," Julia responds, looking at me and smiling.

"Alex, have you and Luke broken up?" Michael asks me. To respond, I just simply shake my head. Happily, Michael cheers, "Yay, so you decided to stay together?"

"Actually, Luke and I haven't discussed anything," I respond.

"But you're gonna break up, right?" Chloe eagerly asks us.

"Hell no! You need to stay together. Luke is so happy!" Ashton exclaims, as I turn my head to the left where Luke is sitting. His head is in his hands and he's resting his elbows on his knees.

You and me both, Luke.

"But can't you see, she's not happy!" Chloe yells.

"They can make it work!" Julia yells.

"They've been trying, they're coming up short!" Ashton argues.

"They basically love each other!" Michael says.

"The deal isn't about feelings! It was never about feelings!" Calum claims.

"It's evolved into more though! All they need to do is work it out!" Julia yells.

"Why can't you see it? It's ruining their friendship!" Chloe yells.

In unison, Michael and Julia yell: "They need to stay together!"

Ashlyn and Calum respond, also in unison. "Break up!"

Finally, a wise decision is made. "Why shouldn't we ask the lovely couple? Luke, breakup or stay together?" All heads snap to Luke, who slowly lifts his head up. He tries saying something, but is overwhelmed and stutters.

They immediately turn to me. Hesitant, I say: "All your opinions mean so much to me. I'm happy you're all looking out for my happiness, but I can't wrap my head around six different opinions."

"It's not that hard. To break up, or to not break up? Happiness or heartbreak? Which one is it?" Luke says, finally saying something.

"Which one is happiness?" I ask.

"I'm not sure. Which one do you want to be happiness?"

"Maybe Calum is right. The deal never included feelings. We should have just kept it how it was."

"Well you know what? It turned into something else! I can't control that! I love you! There, I said it! I am so in love with you and the past few days have been hell! It's simple Alex, say it at and I'm yours. Don't, I'm gone."

It throws me by surprise. His sudden outburst and confession. "Do you really love me?" I ask.

"Yes, I am and I have since freshman year. I'll tell you that a million times if that's what's gonna make you mine."

I smirk, and lean in to kiss him. It's sweet and short. I quickly pull away. "I love you, too," I tell him.

"So that's a yes, then? You are staying together?" Julia asks.

"Yeah," I say, smiling at him. "I guess we are."

"Yay, I am so happy!" Ashlyn yells, standing up and doing a dance.

"Ash,-" Michael says.

"I'm Ash!" Ashton interrupts. Michael glares at him.

"Ash, didn't you want them to break up?"

"Well, yeah, but now that I see they're happy, I'm happy," she says.

And if they're happy, I'm happy.

A/N: I hate myself. I'm just so busy. I'm so sorry.

UPDATE! I sprained my ankle.

Hope you enjoyed! See you next update!

Bailey xx