Chapter 8

[Name] was in a field of green pasture with her unicorn. She didn't know how she acquired one, but timidly petted it. It snorted and raised its head back before mooing loudly. She glanced at it with confusion before it suddenly headbutted her, startling her awake.

Her eyes opened to familiar surroundings.

Deidara's house, huh?

She moved, flinching from a shooting pain up her arm. Looking down, she saw it was properly bandaged. Memories rushed back in her head and she realized her injuries were most likely from her possible crash.

[Name] sat up and ignored the ache on her right side. She stood up with difficulty, only to sit back down on the bed. She huffed in annoyance.

"Deidara!" she shouted.

Even yelling hurt.

Deidara rushed in, frantic and bewildered.

"What are you doing up, [Name]?! Lie back down, yeah?"

"What happened?" she asked, stubbornly ignoring his request.

He laid his hands on her shoulders to gently lead her back down on the bed. "Your crash was almost like Sai's. You slid on your right side and your bike hit the ground. It almost injured Itachi. I managed to patch you back up though, no need to go to the hospital."

[Name] remembered catching a glimpse of Itachi just before she knocked out. "Wait, how do you know Itachi? Did Akane tell you?" She glanced up at her long time friend and silently appraised his good looks. With his long, blonde hair and startling sapphire eyes, it was no wonder he was a knockout – to men and women.

"Uh... no?" he answered, confused. "He seemed really worried about you and is waiting for you outside. Does Akane know him, yeah?"

She pursed her lips at his answer. This meant that Deidara had no idea about Akane's abusive past. Either Akane refused to let her past get in the way of her present and future, or she hid this for an entirely different reason. Whatever the case, it was her business, and not [Name]'s.

"No, she doesn't. Nevermind. Do you think you can get rid of Itachi for me?" She refused to see or speak to that man.

"Sure. But why?"

"I think he's trying to get with me and I don't like him," she blurted to Deidara. Deidara already knew about Sai and her relationship, so he completely understood.

His eyes narrowed at her implication. "So he's trying to pull something here? I'll tell him to get out, don't worry. Just rest, yeah?"

[Name] smiled at him with gratefulness. "Thanks, I owe you one."

"Don't worry about it, yeah. I got this!" He kissed the top of her head before exiting the room and shutting the door.

After he left, [Name] gingerly sat up and stepped out of the bed. She slowly turned the doorknob to leave the door open just a smidge. She spotted Deidara's back and Itachi's serious expression.

Unfortunately, she was unable to make out their conversation. However, it seemed that Itachi nodded and was ready to leave, but not before casting a sharp gaze on [Name].

She stood there stunned with her heart racing at the fact that she was caught. Well crap, he's smarter than I thought he was. Now that he's gone, time to leave and return to my house. I need to watch some Netflix and chill.

[Name] stepped out of the room and met Deidara's loud protests.

"What do you think you're doing, yeah? You should be resting, not walking."