Chapter 2

Thea packs a few last things into her luggage bag. She puts her hat on and then looks around the room she has been calling her's for the past eight years. The question is, is she going to miss it? I mean she is just used to this type of living. Is she going to like the other type? Is she going to like the fancy life. Alice calls her name, she leaves what is now not her room anymore. This is it, she thinks, walking to the front door. She sees Alice and Henry waiting for her at the carriage, Alice spreads her arms and Thea goes for the warm embrace.

When Alice let's Thea go she must have been reading her mind. "You will be just fine, but if you need anything, you can always come to me," Alice says and smiles, which makes her wrinkles, by her eyes, more visible. Thea smiles in return, trying not to let a single tear drop. This is what Thea wanted, to be sold. She had never really thought about how she wouldn't have Alice anymore. At this very moment, Thea doesn't want to leave. She doesn't want to go anywhere else. This was her home and Alice was her family for the past years. She wouldn't leave that, but she didn't have much of a choice. She was now sold to another person, just like the other girls.

"I'm going to miss you, Alice," Thea says.

"And I," Alice says and waves Thea into the carriage. She notices that Henry hasn't said a word. She frowns and then let's Henry close the door before she can say her goodbyes.

***

When Thea arrives she notices, by looking out the window, that Sir, Anne isn't outside to greet her. She isn't surprised because when she arrived at the other house, Henry didn't greet her well. The only person Thea sees outside waiting is another maid, with a braided black hair and a slim figure in a light purple maid's dress. If she wasn't so slim figured she would look a lot prettier, from what Thea sees right now. The door suddenly opens and she falls into the arms of a stranger. She must have been too lost in thought because she was leaning against the door. Thea slowly lifts her head to find a man around the age of twenty. She is intimidated by him. She locks her eyes with his hazel brown ones. She shivers and starts to blink again. Thea quickly looks away.

" I'm so sorry, sir," Thea blushes and bites her lip while grabbing her luggage. She then tries to pull it out of the carriage but she fails to do so. Great, more embarrassment, Thea thinks.

" I will get your bags. Go on and walk in. I believe you know where your room is already. Did I assume correctly, Miss? " The man says, as Thea turns around to face him and his muscular but slim figure. He smiles at her and gives a hand. She places her hand in his gloved one.

" Um, yes, you did. Thank you." Thea says, once she is out of the carriage and her feet have hit the ground. She kind of feels a little intimated by him. He is a very well cleaned up man. As for Thea, well, she probably didn't look so great. She looks down at the ground feeling a little ashamed of her outside looks. She probably smells a little funky too. The maid comes up to her.

"I'm going to lead you through our maid training here. My name is Miss. Katherine. Please call me that," Katherine says, looking directly in Thea's eyes.

"My name is Miss. Thea," She states, just in case Katherine doesn't already know.

"I know. I will meet you at your quarters. Though first, I have to do something," She then passes Thea and goes to the carriage. Thea wonders why Katherine had to go to the carriage. It's probably nothing she needs to be worried about. She slowly turns around and walks into the mansion.

***

Sitting on her bed waiting for Katherine she can't help think what she will do today. She has felt like a princess walking into here but now she realizes she is just a maid. That is way bellow a princess. She hears the footsteps coming down the hall and walks to the door to see who is walking by, thinking that it would be Katherine.Though it happened to be the young man with her bags.

"Miss, your bags," he looks at Thea with those dreamy eyes as he sets her bags down just outside the doorway. He then looks a little confused as he looks at her more closely standing up straight. The young man's color kind of drains out of him a little.

"Is there something wrong? You look a little ill," Thea says with confusion. His color starts to come slowly to his face.

"No, Miss," He says and she looks at him a little strange. "Oh, I'm sorry we haven't officially met yet. You shall call me Dennis. And you are?"

She paused for a moment. "Thea" she says to answer his question. " The new maid," she adds quietly. Being a maid is nothing to be proud of.

"I'm Sir, Anne's son, and it is a pleasure to have you here. Please enjoy your room, it's one of the finest," he says with a wink and walks away down the hall. Thea watches as he walks away. His hazel brown eyes really look amazing with his dirty blonde shade of hair, she thinks. She sees other maids talking to each other in the hall and one is polishing a vase and another cleaning the picture's on the walls of the mansion. The others were eyeing her down. She looks away and picks up her bags and sets them into her room.

"Okay, first you need a change of clothes and a wash," Katherine says, walking into Thea's new room. She is being a little bossy. Thea guesses that is how she always is with the other maids. She seems to be a leader, like the head of all the maids. Thea looks up from her bags and walks to her bathroom to shower. She didn't need to worry about towels because they were already set out on the corner of the golden colored sink. Who knew a bathroom could have so much character? She turns on the warm water and steps in. The water is a lot more softer on her skin than the one at her old home. All she can think of is Dennis. He's so handsome. Though she would never have a chance with him because he is Sir, Anne's son but there is no harm in thinking of him. When she's out of the shower she sees a note on her towel along with a purple maids dress.

Your tier 's the purple dress, you are to clean the frames in the hall, everyday. The supplies are in your room. Your time starts now. I will be checking the halls for you. The note read. She kind of sounded like a strict stalker, if you ask Thea.