Chapter 1: To good to be true

It's the last day of camp and I am going home. When I get home, a man is sitting across the table from my foster parents. My foster mum is the first to speak, "Zero we want you to meet someone." I starred at the man for a long time, until I remembered who he was, "You're..... you're my father." I said in a whisper.

My foster mum stood there shocked, "How do you know who he is?" I stood there with a far away look, "I saw him in my dreams, every single dream I have ever had, he was there with a woman...... where's my mother at?"

He gave me the look that my best friend's parents gave me when Sapphire died. I didn't know my mother, but tears came, making my vision blurry. "How did she die?" I ask trying to fight back the tears. He sat there for a long time without saying a word, but after about five minutes of silence he finally said, "She didn't exactly die, she was murdered." He said the words like he didn't understand them. I fall to my knees tears pouring out like a waterfall, my hands shaking.

My father came to my side, and held me in he's arms until I stopped crying. I don't know why I cried, I didn't even know her. I guess it was just the fact that she was my mother. I remember her like the back of my hand, but I don't know why. "Zero you should probably get some sleep after all of this, its all so new and overwhelming." My foster mum implied. I go upstairs and lay down, the instant my head touches the pillow I fall asleep.

I dream of my mother. Sitting in the rocking chair with me in her arms as a baby. She sings to me, her voice the same as ever other dream, soft and gentle. A man climbed through the window, my mother put me in my cradle. She has drawn her dagger ready for a fight, but the man was quick, to quick for my mother. He disarmed her, but she didn't call for help.