Chapter 1

"Ah.....they are very much mean and harsh towards us." My mother stated angrily. "Indeed they are."said Anastasia. Even she was very much frustrated about this.
"Don't worry. Tatiana has gone to have a talk with yurovsky along with Dr. Botkin. I'm sure they will consider it." I tried to calm down both of them.

"But what if they don't Maria? You know how much we need that sednev fellow right now. He is the only one who can amuse and cheer your brother. Already there is to much going on right now,and we can't lose him." My mother almost yelled.

"Yes...and they can't just barge in and send they boy away." Anastasia said."he is a family now."

I was about to reply and just then the door of the dinning hall was open by a furious Tatiana. She was almost screaming in anger while entering the hall. I saw Dr.Botkin enter behind her.

"What did they say Tatiana?" Mother asked her.

"They said they will return the boy later. We wanted to know if it is possible to return him now. They only said no. But gave no further explanation about it. I doubt that they will not return him ever." My sister stated angrily.
"But I wonder why did they took the boy?" Dr. Botkin opened his mouth now.

"God knows why...."my mother sighed."I hope they won't harm him."mother said and got up from her chair. She was very tired to think further about this matter. Actually we all were.

We bid each other a good night and went into our rooms to have a sleep.

"Let's go to bed Maria.... Aaaaaa...."my sister said while yawning.
"You go to bed Ana. I will be there in a moment." I told her. I wonder why but I wasn't sleepy at all.
Still I pushed myself to bed and forced to shut my eyes.
"Are you you asleep Maria?" Ana asked.
"No." I replied.
"Well then talk with me cause I can't sleep."
"Me neither."

"Ahhh...I'm so tired of this Maria."
"Tired of what?"
"All this. Every day we wake up as prisoners.we are held as prisoners for the last two years. When will this stop? I wake up every morning wishing that today will be the when we are freed. But that day never comes. I just wish every thing was changed to as it was before the riot ,before we were arrested, before all this nonsense started."

"Have patience my dear Ana. I'm sure everything will be perfect one day. All our sufferings will end."
"But how long Maria ? I'm being patient for years but how long? Do you have an answer to that? Every day is like a torture to us. We are not even allowed to share our thought with a piece of paper. Fearing that they might inspect us again. We had to burn down our diaries for that."
I didn't know what to say. It seems only yesterday when our life was very colourful. The four of us used to play together all day.

It was a wonderful life. But it didn't last long, as the riots broke out all over Russia and as the tsar I guess my dad couldn't fulfill his responsibilities properly. So we were arrested and kept as prisoners. Well, it wasn't like a prison to us when we were kept in the tsarskoye and tobolosk house. But when we were moved to ipatiev house in yekaterinburgh, our lives started to become worse. We were very uneased at first because of their constant searches. That's why Ana and I burned all our letters.

We were not even allowed to talk to any guards. I tried very much to be friendly with them. I even had succeded. But when the officer found out about my friendship with Skorokhdov, one the guards, they removed him immediately from his services.

So I had to be more careful before doing something so childish as this.

"I know you don't want to hear it Ana, but everything will be fine. Trust me." I told her.
But she didn't reply. I guess she fell asleep.
I clossed my eyes and prayed to God for the betterment of our lives.
Then I forced myself to sleep hoping that, tomorrow would be the day when we will finally hear a good news.
Although, I know something like this would never happen.
But, who knows? Maybe it can.

How little I knew that the next day will change my life forever...

A/N: hi guys ZAREEN here. So this is my first story on wattpad... So please vote, comment and share if you like it.
I will try my best to please you with this story.

And if there's any spelling or grammatical errors I sincerely apologise for that.

And please comment anything you like.
I will accept your comments with all my heart.

Thank you.....