Fixing Him - 1

Homework on the first day of school?

That thought kept replaying through my mind as I walked out of theatre class this afternoon. I mean, it was theatre so it should be easy, but still. Can we not have to worry about having something to do when we get home? I don't know about some people, but I'm still lazy from my vacation.

This is why school sucks so much. Don't get me wrong, I love it sometimes, but there's a limit.

"Oh my gosh! Carmen, is that you?" I heard a shrilly annoying voice from behind me. Oh no, this can't be happening to me right now. Ladies and gentlemen, meet the bane of my very existence, Marisa Carrington. Also known as, the girl who pretended to be friends with me and then slept with my boyfriend behind my back.

I turned around grudgingly and scowled. There she was, bouncing around like the she-devil she truly is, red hair swaying in all directions, shorts cut all the way up to her pantie line, and slutty shirt riding too far up her stomach.

I'm pretty sure that this school had a dress code, and she's breaking about six regulations already. Where's the principal when you need her?

"Oh, it sure is! Wow, you look so different, Carm. Did you gain weight?" She sadistically asked. I knew exactly what game she was playing with me. I was fine with it though. Game on, bitch.

"I did actually, thanks for noticing. Woah, you look so much skinnier! How many times are you throwing up now? Three - maybe five times a day?" I asked as happily as I could. The smile on Marisa's makeup mounded face disappeared instantly.

"Cheer tryouts are in three weeks. I would be careful, Carm, you wouldn't want anything to happen to you before then. See you later." Marisa winked as me disgustingly and then bumped past me through the hallway.

Did she seriously just threaten my well being. Talk about crazy on another level.

The rest of the day was very irrelevant and dragged on and on until I was sure I would just fall asleep trying to walk to my locker. Nothing really interesting really ever happens anyway, so I wasn't surprised.

Instead, I drove home and spent the rest of my day in my room eating candy, watching episodes of Kim Possible on my laptop. Don't judge me, Kim and Ron are so perfect together.

Then, I fell asleep in my pile of candy wrappers and woke up the next morning to my Mother's annoying screams. I pushed the candy off of me, groaned, and started getting ready. I just threw on a sundress and fedora with my gold sandals. I went downstairs, ate breakfast, and then pretended to listen to Mother's work gossip.

"Then, when I was done with surgery, boss yelled at me for whatever reason! I'm obviously the more gifted of the other surgeons, right honey? Why should I get it the worst?" Mom complained. I just nodded and finished eating my waffles.

"Bye, Ma." I said before leaving for school. Nothing new happened at school today. I had more homework to do, the same gossip girls following me around like I was their leader, and no sign of Trent, thank god.

After school, I went back home and continued my Kim Possible marathon after doing my homework. This time, bags of chips scattered around my bed, and I was finally on season 2.

The next two weeks were almost exactly like that. Waking up to Mom, going to school with an empty mind, and coming back home to no one and watching TV shows. Of course, that was expected out of me. It's not like I've found someone who could talk to me like a friend and not some untouchable goddess.

I am far from a goddess. I don't even scratch that kind of surface. I looked into the mirror on my vanity and frowned at my appearance. I'm not that pretty.