Prologue

My name is Jessica and let's just say I have had one hell of a life. I had a pretty normal life at first, that is until my dad left when I was seven and my mom started drinking. I spent many days and nights completely alone curled up in my bed with the cover over my head. I have to admit being alone was a lot better than hearing my mom moan and scream when she had one of her "clients" over. When I got into high school things started to look up. I made a few friends and even had a hot boyfriend that loved me as much as I loved him. I had felt alive for the first time in my life. Then in one horrible night my world came crashing down. I had went shopping with one of my best friends, Ashley, and we had decided to come home earlier than expected. I saw Tyler's car in my driveway and wondered why he was already there waiting for me. I walked upstairs and heard noises coming from my mothers room, I figured it was one of her many friends until I recognized the male voice. I busted through the door to find the only boy I had ever loved having sex with my own damn mother. I ran back down the stairs to stunned to say a word. I cleaned out my savings account that night and moved to Texas and I never once looked back. That was four years ago to the day. I was a bartender now and life was hard but anything was better than the hell I came from.