Chapter one

Servalstar yawned, she had been leader of Blazeclan for one moon now and Darkstar, the Forestclan leader had accepted her as leader of their neighbour clan.

The she-cat padded out of her den to find her deputy; Mudclaw waiting by the entrance of her den. "Good morning Servalstar, Am I allowed to organize a patrol?" The tom politely asked his leader. She nodded "Take Skypatch with you, she needs some fresh air." Mudclaw nodded and took Skypatch, Squirrelpaw and Spiderpaw with him on the patrol. 'I wish I could go with them, it's so boring here in the camp' Emberkit thought. "Emberkit! Will you bring some herbs to Mosskit?" Thornfoot asked the bored kit. "Sure, what do I need?" The kit asked his medicine cat. "Just feed her these poppy seeds. She'll get better in a few days if these work." Thornfoot said. Emberkit nodded, took the poppy seeds and walked to his sister in the nursery. "Mosskit?" He softly said while searching for his sister. "Get away from me! You can't be here!" He heard his sister Mosskit scream towards the roof of the nursery. "Mosskit?! What's wrong?! Is the gray cat here again?" Emberkit asked his sister. "He wants to kill us Emberkit! Run! I'll take him!" Mosskit growled and jumped up pretending to hit something. "Mosskit, eat these seeds. Thornfoot says you'll get better very soon if you eat these every day." Emberkit calmly said. Mosskit growled and crouched down to eat the seeds. Suddenly something hit Mosskit's cheek pelt. "Help!"' She yowled as blood dripped down her white fluffy cheek. "Mosskit! Keep calm, I'll get Servalstar to chase the gray cat away again!" He growled as his sister leaped on Emberkit. "Mosskit!" He hissed as he saw the light fade out of Mosskit's blue eyes. Her eyes were now dull and she seemed emotionless. "Servalstar!" He screamed at the top of his lungs. Mosskit fell to the floor as Servalstar rushed to the nursery. "Emberkit! Is he here again?" She asked. Emberkit nodded as he padded over to his sister. It looked like she was about to die. Mosskit closed her eyes and took her last breath as Servalstar sat next to the body and looked up. "You will never win your other kit. He will be raised by me!" Servalstar growled as she put her tail around Emberkit. "May the cats treat you well up there Mosskit." Emberkit softly said to the cold body of his dead sister. Tears started streaming down from his eyes. "She was destined to go so soon Emberkit, there's nothing we could do about it." Servalstar said to the kit. "I know." Emberkit said as he looked up to Servalstar. "Go rest with Lionfur, I'll make Mosskit ready for her burial." Servalstar ordered. Emberkit nodded and walked to Lionfur.