30th september 2000

" Congratulations misses and misses frost you have given birth to a very healthy young girl... However" he pauses and looks at everyone in the room, "she was born mute" everybody gasps while miss Frost is there sulking quietly. "Is there anything we can do to get her to talk?" Questions mr Frost. "The only way really is if you constantly speak to her, she will get her own voice in time but until then..."

"Well that was 5 years ago dotti so speak dotti don't be scared" explains my therapist. I just shake my head in disagreement, as she walks over to my guardian. " there is no improvement from past years, the only difference now is She knows sign language!" My guardian leans over and smiles at me "time to go home dotti" she says with enthusiasm.

She gives me her hand and I take it, we walk to the reception quietly and my guardian pays, for my help. She carefully opens the door for me and I walk out and run to the car, waiting for her to unlock the door. The car goes beep and she opens the door for me, I sit in my booster seat and she buckles me in.

The ride home was peaceful no noise just scenery. When we get home my guardian unlocks the door to the car and unbuckled me from my seat and places me down on the pathway. We walk to the front door and she unlocks it with the white key.

I walk in after her and start walking to my bedroom. "Stop dotti it's time, come sit on the couch I have some explaining to do" I do what I'm told without hesitation and sit on the purple couch. "As you know after you turn 5 you get the choice to find out the way your parents die. Of course you have the choice of whether or not you would like to know right now. So dotti, would you like me to tell you how your parents died?"

I was still deciding when my head made up my mind for me I nodded in agreement.

"It all started 2 days after you were born.. It was time for you to go home with your parents. So they grabbed you, walked to the car and started driving away, with you in your mothers lap. It was a green light when a car out of no where crashed into your parents car. Your daddy passed away but they never found your mummy's body, they found you on the ground of the front seat. When you are 12 you will go to London and found out what really happened. Until then that's all."

Hot tears start to form in my eyes, as she pulls me into a hug. I cry on her shoulder as we just sit there.