Chapter 3: Secret Room

~Jamal~

Kicking it with Noelle was great and I still couldn't get her off my mind even though that it was just the other night I felt like it just happened yesterday. I wanna do this the right way so I am gonna take her out on a real date. Where we can really get to know one another, but first I have some business to handle with someone from the past, well I guess you can say the present as well.

"What do you want Lauryn? I wanna know when you coming back home, what happened to 2 weeks Mal? You been gone almost four months. Lauryn why you stressing I am out here making this money so yo ass can spend it on all that designer shit. Yeah whatever Mal, and who is this Heather bitch that keeps calling the house asking for you? Heather! Yeah she's called three times this week I am about to cuss her out if she keep calling my damn phone. Don't worry about her baby she's just working on some paperwork for me. Whatever Mal all I know is you better not be cheating on me! I don't play that shit. I am not Lauryn, damn! Yeah better not be. Look I gotta go" I said looking at my other phone that Noelle was calling on. "Lov"...click I hung up before she could finish what she was saying.

Lauryn was an accident I thought since she was from one of those uppity bougie families she would be cool and I wouldn't have to deal with her too much on that level but I was sadly mistaken. The broad is crazy and is constantly on me about my whereabouts when she should be worried about keeping my house together. Oh crap I almost forgot that Noelle was calling.

"Hey Beautiful! Hey Jamal! So I was thinking you and me dinner and a movie tonight? I think I am down for that. Really! Yeah really. Alright beautiful I'll pick you up at 7:30. Okay I'll be ready. Bye beautiful! Bye Jamal."

~Noelle~

"Oliva!" I yelled walking into her condo. "What the hell do you want Noelle?" She said coming down the stairs. "What I can't come see my main bitch! Yo main bitch? Didn't realize you had other bitches outside of me. You know what I mean."

It's true I don't hang with too many folks, especially females because they think that I think that I am better than them or whatever. I mean I am better than them but I don't verbally put it out there that I am, I just carry myself in a certain manner to where they know I am not to be messed with. Olivia though has been my friend since high school, she's always been 100% with me and I've been the same with her. Besides half of the way I act I got from her and the other half I got from a mixture of Tionne and Lisa.

"So what brings you to my house on this lovely day, she said sitting down on the couch? I gotta first date with mister tall, dark, and handsome and need you to calm my nerves. Calm yo nerves didn't yall already bone," she said looking at me crazy. "Oliva! No we didn't you know I don't be just passing it out like that. Oh my bad miss high and mighty I forgot you do that on the second date. Don't make me punch you O. I wish you would and we'd fight right here. Yeah right Liv like the last time we fought...hey we said that was in the past and we in the present so don't bring it up. Deal! Just take a shot of Tequila and you'll be fine, Noe."

"Really" I said looking at her with my head tilted. "That's all you got Liv? Damn Noe he's just a nigga like all the other ones that's out there. Liv come on he's not and I just don't wanna mess this up. So what you want me to do? You got any weed? Noe you trying to get fucked up before the date she said laughing. No not completely, I just need to take the edge off a little. You know Ti would kill me if she knew I got you over here smoking. Yeah well she'd had have to kill Lisa first for introducing it to me. Oh yeah she did introduce you to it," she said laughing about the first time Li let me smoke with her.

"O, not the time to go down memory lane. Alright Alright I got you this time Noe, but you know Shawntae is gonna tell if she find out you been smoking. That's why you can't tell her" I said watching her pull the box out of the coffee table.