Chapter 34: Phoenix....

" As the legend goes when the phoenix resurrects from the flames. She is even more stronger and wiser than before. For she knows her true worth and has now returned reap her revenge"

~Noelle~

I am on my way to find this "Master" that Ro has hooked me up with. She got me down in the swats of Korea town looking for some old Chinese man. I could have did this back home seriously if I wanted to be in places like this. I finally found the building and rang the doorbell. I waited for like 5 minutes and kept ringing the doorbell the whole time while I looked around.

Patience is a virtue ma'am the young guy said opening the door. I...you may enter he said motioning for me to be quiet and enter the building. Master Li will see you in the sitting room right this way. Please take off your shoes before you enter the room as well. I hadn't gotten a word in since he opened the door and all the sudden that fear I had of being alone with men went right out the window and replaced with this peace as I entered his sitting room.

Hello Noelle, I am Master Lee and this my apprentice Shun Ye. Hello Master Lee! That felt so weird saying Master Lee I thought to myself. The old man was staring at me and that made me uncomfortable. You are a wounded soul he said motioning for me to sit on the floor in front of him. Pardon me. Your soul is wounded you have been hurt many times by people around you? Yes Master Lee I have all of my life. I can see it your aura is sad and dark. Is it that obvious? Yes it is and you are looking for guidance from within. I am trying but it's hard with so many distractions. That is why you are here. Shun Yee will show you your room where you will be staying for the month. Pardon me staying, as in here in Korea Town with yall! Yes Noelle how else do you plan to heal from the hurt if you are not in seclusion from the outside world. Yeah but the outside world has television and...shh you will learn to ignore those distractions and focus on what is hurting you on the inside. I couldn't argue with that.

I followed Shun Yee up the stair to see a series of doors. Are there more people here I said looking at the doors. No only Master Lee and I are here, he said as he led me the room at the end of the hall. This will be your room, and there is an attached bathroom as well. The room wasn't bad, actually it wasn't bad at all for a building in Korea Town. It had a modest size full size bed, a table with a lamp and journal, as well as small dresser for my things. The bathroom was small but clean it had a sink, toilet, and a standing shower. Eating times are at 7, 12, and 5 respectively he said as I continued to look around the room. Who cooks? I do, all tradition Asian cuisine. Oh I said thinking I should have brought snacks with me. Is there a phone I said remembering that Ro was my one contact person. Yes the phone is downstairs in the dining room phone calls can be made in the afternoons after twelve o clock meal. Speaking of I should go and begin the preparations for that. I'll leave you to unpack your things. Thank you I said watching him leave the room.

After lunch or the twelve o clock meal as they call it I was allowed to call Ro for a 20 minute talk. Master Lee was generous with that time frame, normally they only allow you 10 minutes but since I was a special case he let me have twice the time. I went to phone and dialed Ro's number. I really hope she answers cause I have no other way to contact her if she doesn't. The phone rang two times before she answered.

Noelle! Hey Ro! How are you baby girl? I could be better, but you know I am surviving. How is it? It's okay as far as the accommodations but uhh can you send a sistah some real food please. She laughed a little bit, Noe. Seriously Ro, it only traditional Asian food, no chicken, collard greens, corn bread, macaroni and cheese none of that. You probably don't need that anyway Noe. Okay well can you at least send me some snacks that way I can survive through the night. I'll see what I can do other than that how are you?