The Aftermath Of Lust (Sequel to My Weak Spot)

Chapter 1

Kimberley’s POV

Set six months after ‘My Weak Spot’.

Sitting in the passenger’s seat of Cheryl’s car, I feel something’s wrong. We’ve had our ups and downs over the last month. Tonight is one of those nights where I don’t know what she’s thinking. It’s frustrating. Especially since I could always guess what was going on in her mind. Until a month ago. She’s been shutting me out.

There’s no point in asking her about it either. I found that out the hard way. We’ve been having so many fights lately. But it’s what happens afterwards that makes it all better.

“What the hell was that all about Cheryl?!” I ask as I slam my front door shut.

“What do you mean?” She answers while walking to the kitchen without looking back.

“I mean the entire night. You completely ignored me!” I follow her into the kitchen.

She pours some water in a glass and takes a big gulp. She holds her glass and looks at the content, not really taking anything in.

“Cheryl!” I raise my voice.

“What?!” She matches the level of my voice. “We were at my boss’ party… what did you want me to do? Make out with you in a dark corner… have sex with you on his desk?! That would’ve been a great way for the world to find out about us two!” She’s walking around the kitchen island counter, still refusing to look at me.

“Yes… that’s exactly what I wanted you to do! Oh come on Cheryl… you barely looked at me, let alone talked to me! I was stuck talking to random showbiz people I don’t even like!” I kick myself for mentioning it, but it’s true… I hate showbiz parties as it is; I only go to spend some time with Cheryl since she’s been so busy lately. She used to want me there… now it just feels like I’m stalking her.

“Ohhh wow… so now I can’t leave you alone for one second?”

“No actually, I’m very happy for you to leave me alone right now”. She looks up as I say this.

“You’re asking us to leave?” Her face hardens.

“If you wouldn’t mind… which you obviously don’t”. I open the kitchen door and hold it while looking at her.

Our eyes are piercing each others’ and I know she’s waiting for me to take it back.

She has a way of simply looking me up and down during a heated argument that just makes it impossible for me not to want her. So we end up naked in bed, on the floor, against the door… and I forget about our problems.

She parks the car in the private parking of the restaurant we’re meeting the girls at. We both get out and she starts walking towards the back entrance of the restaurant.

“Babe…”  I walk a little faster so I can catch up with her. She turns her body slightly towards me and I reach for her hand. She gives me a small smile, but it doesn’t reach her eyes.

I’m lost in my thoughts as we enter the restaurant. Why can’t I figure out what’s wrong with her? Why won’t she talk to me?!

“Chezzaaaaa!” Of course… it’s Nicola. Cheryl’s been so busy with touring that the girls haven’t seen her in weeks, if not months. That’s what this dinner is for. To catch up. Except that it won’t help me at all. I already know all the details of the tour, and everything else. Everything except what’s been bothering her.

Nicola nearly knocks Cheryl down by jumping in for a hug. They laugh. Sarah’s next, while Nadine comes up from behind her and hugs me.

We’re led to our table and I walk with my arm around Nicola. She asks me if I’m good and I smile and nod my head quickly without looking at her. I’m scared she’ll start asking questions if she sees the worry in my eyes.

Sarah sits down at the head of the table and Cheryl chooses the seat next to Nadine, making it impossible for me to sit next to her. I wonder if it’s done on purpose. I sit down next to Nicola, diagonally across from Cheryl.