Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Kimberley’s POV

I’m so done with you”... the words are still ringing in my ears as I look at myself in the bathroom mirror. I hear the muffled music of the club through the wall and realise I’m going to need to leave the bathroom at some point. “I’m done with you”. I actually said that?!

Egh… I don’t even want Justin. I only wanted to catch up with him. And yes, the sight of Cheryl insanely jealous was a very nice bonus. But then she went and started saying all those things and I had to put an end to it. She basically revealed our whole private life to Justin and some random mates of his! I just hope they were too drunk to realise.

I’m so not done with her though.

I fix my hair and walk out of the bathroom. There’s no point in talking to Cheryl now, she’s too drunk. I might as well go home and try tomorrow.

I walk over to the girls, not surprised to find out Justin and his mates have left, but am confused as to why they’re all turned around in their seats, looking at the dance floor.

“Hey guys, what’s going on over…” Nadine, Nicola and Sarah turn around guiltily at the sound of my voice and I stop in my tracks as I see what they’re looking at.

Cheryl, my Cheryl, in the middle of the dance floor, wildly making out with, I think, one of Justin’s mates.

“Babe…” Nicola comes over and takes my hand, guiding me towards a seat, although I have no idea how she’s making my legs move, because I can’t feel a single bone in my body. Nicola sits me down and I hear her voice, albeit from a distance.

“What happened between you two? She comes back, downs 3 of our shots, and announces she’s going to dance. And then… well… you saw what happened next I guess”.

She pauses. I feel 3 pairs of eyes on me waiting for me to explain.

“I… erm… well… I… I…” I take a deep breath, still focusing on the table, with that horrible image stuck in my head.

“It’s over”. I admit, more to myself than to my friends.

“Are you sure?” Nadine asks worriedly.

“After seeing that… yes” I say defiantly.

“Babe she’s drunk… I mean... you know…” Sarah tries.

“I know how she gets when she’s drunk? Yes I do. But she’s supposed to get like that with me, not some random jackass!” My voice breaks and a tear escapes my eye. I wipe it away angrily.

“Do you want to go home?” Nadine asks. Again, I’m grateful for how well she knows me. I nod.

On our way out the door, Justin pops up and grabs my arm.

“Heey… are you okay? Leaving so soon?”

“Yeah… I’m not feeling very well. Was nice to see you again though”. I’m about to turn back to Nadine when he continues.

“Kimberley… erm… would you like to have dinner with me some time?”

I look up at him in surprise. He smiles nervously. I look back to where Cheryl must be on the dance floor before looking down at my feet. I take a breath and meet his eyes again.

“Sure. Let me know when?” His smile widens and he leans in to kiss me on the cheek.

As I sit next to Nadine in the taxi in silence, I wonder what the hell I’m doing.