Prologue

It all started in HawkClan with a she-cat named FlowerFang. She was a beautiful cat with a petal-spiral pattern on her forehead. She was, however, an ignorant feline.

She would always pay attention the trouble makers. She Loved that they twisted the rules to their liking, but then she saw a Tom that would always do as told, and do it better. StoneFeather.

"Hello," she padded up to the grey Tom. He was handsome, in her eyes.

"Hi," he greeted as he raced off at DragonStar's call. FlowerFang wasn't done talking: she followed close behind.

"Why do you want to be deputy?" FlowerFang had heard CloudClaw whispering that that was all StoneFeather had ever wanted.

StoneFeather sat down at the foot of MossStone. He stared up at his leader with mischievousness littering his gaze. He ignored FlowerFang as FeatherClaw spoke out. "There has been a shortage of apprentices..." She began.

"And we will need to be able to have enough cats that can hunt for the approaching LeafBare," DragonStar finished. He gazed at the cats bellow him. Worry was distributed through out his face. "And, we are sad to say it, but our eldest warrior, FishingTail, has risen to StarClan."

Words of mourn echoed around the camp. FlowerFang had loved that elder. She had cleaned his nest everyday because of the limited amount of apprentices. He would share stories and she would enjoy them. She ducked her head and stared at her paws.

~12 moons later~

FlowerFang was going to do it. She was going to ask StoneFeather to be her mate! She had been mooning over him for ages. She wasn't going to stay in hiding any longer. She spotted the Tom out of the corner of her eye as DragonStar organized patrols.

"For the Dusk Patrol, StoneFeather, CloudClaw, NightWhisper, and..." He hesitated as he scanned the camp for another warrior to go on the patrol. "FlowerFang."

FlowerFang knew it was her chance. She followed behind as StoneFeather led the patrol to Reflection Clan's border. He stopped and scanned the opposite clan's territory. "Hey," FlowerFang began. "Can I talk to you?"

StoneFeather gave out a sigh of annoyance. "Make it quick, FlowerFang," he growled. FlowerFang started to pull away from the patrol. "What do you want?"

"Will you be my mate?" FlowerFang asked rather directly. She could feel her white belly churning as she waited for the answer that could change her life.

StoneFeather said nothing. He just starred at her like she was a StarClan cat. His throat started rumbling. "Sure!"

~Several moons later~

FlowerFang purred as she named her kits. "This one is RaccoonKit," she said as she pointed to a light brown she-cat with a dark brown mask around her eyes and snow white front legs. "And this is BlackKit." A small tom with an all black pelt with the exception of a splash of white on his chest and a white upper-half of his muzzle. His left back leg was oddly brown.

RaccoonKit's tongue was hanging out. It was split at the end and BlackKit's back left foot was gone. "No, this one should be LizardKit and this should be HobbleKit," he hissed. He hated the disabilities at the start. He would make them remember the marks that make them different.

"O-oh, okay," FlowerFang agreed hesitantly. She laid her head down as the kits squirmed at her stomach. StoneFeather left after one final glance at the ImPerfect kits.