Chapter 7- Bitch, where?

((Incoming Friends reference.))

Lovino shifted uneasily, anxious about the ultrasound. Feliciano opened the door, leading Antonio.

"Toni?" Lovino looked up.

"Hi Lovi...." Antonio brushed Lovino's hair out of the way of his eyes. "Feeling alright?"

"Nervous." Lovino mumbled.

"Don't be." Toni kissed Vino's forhead. "Everything's gonna be fine."

"I know.... I hope everything's okay..."

"No need for hope. I know it'll be fine."

"Where the hell'd you get a line like that, a romance novel?" Lovi crossed his arms.

"Haven't heard you insult me like that in a while."

"Meh, it was weak. I've been busy too, with all my worrying."

"I thought you got emotional way later." Antonio joked.

"Shut up."

"Fine," Antonio put up surrender hands. "Fine. My bad."

Lovino crossed his arms. "I love you.... dumbass."

"I love you more."

"Impossible."

"There! That was like a romance novel."

"Lovino and Antonio, by Nicholas Sparks."

"Good morning, Mr. Vargas! How we doin' today?" A cheerful nurse walked in.

"I feel like I just got stabbed in the chest with a spatula." Lovi answered.

"Ah, well that's fairly normal. We're gonna get started here. Now watch this screen." She pointed to a monitor.

Antonio reached over to grab Lovino's hand, and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

"Okay, so here is your uterus, aaand here is your baby." She circled the middle of the screen with her finger. "Can you see it alright?"

"I sure can!" Antonio smiled at the screen, and kissed Lovino's cheek.

"Yeah, I can." Lovino said.

The nurse looked down at her pager. "Ah, there's something I have to go handle. Be back real soon!" The door shut behind her.

"Isn't that beautiful? Wh--, Lovi? Are you alright?" Antonio saw tears rolling down Lovi's cheeks.

"I don't see it!" He cried.

"You just said you did..."

"I lied! I didn't want the nurse to think I was a bad father!"

"It's okay, Lovi, it's okay! Look." He helped Lovino sit up slightly. "Right here! See it?"

"Yeah. Now I do." He smiled slightly.

"Really?"

"No.... I'm a terrible father I can't even see my own baby!" He started crying all over again.

"Calm down, Lovi! Look, where I'm pointing."

"That? That little thing, right there?"

"Yes."

"Oh.... Well I saw that!"