Chapter 1: Death Sentence

It was the tenth of April and the weather was quite complex. That morning had a cold, chilly wind while the afternoon had a cloudless sky with the sun beaming over. At a high school, students were hustling and bustling to get to the class, within the span of five minutes. Two buildings connected together, A-Building and B-Building, which were two stories high. There was a walkway at the top floor to connect the two building as a shortcut for students to avoid the hassle of going through a crowd.

A young boy, sixteen years of age, was walking in the walkway. He had short, jet-black hair that slanted from his ears to his neck, pale skin, and green-blue eyes. He wore his school uniform, beige pants, and the optional, white polo shirt. He wore a pair of thin glasses and black and white converse shoes. He was fairly lean for his age and fairly tall.

He leaned against the window wide of the walkway and stared at the scenery outside. His thoughts were focused on his friends and school related topics. Unaware to him, a group of students, particularly the jocks, were walking together, laughing and conversing with each other. They didn't seem to care who was in their way, unless they would maneuver themselves away. The group neared their way towards the boy's position. A male student laughed heavily, pushing and shoving his companion in a playful manner. His companion pushed back in response and the two continued that repetitive action.

The pushing and showing stated to get intense, each shoves being strong enough to take steps back. One shove soon became enough for one of the male students to walk backwards and trip over his own feet. He continued shuffling backwards, right where the boy stood against the walkway. The boy started noticing the large student coming towards him, noticing a light reflection of him in the window. He turned around quickly and held his hands out in front of his chest in attempt to push the student away. He braced himself for the impact though unprepared by the heavy weight. He had his hands pressed against the student's back but could not manage to push far enough.

The student did not hold up his weight and had the boy leaning against the window. The boy's eyes widened and quickly heard glass breaking right behind. The fallen student did not react in time as the glass window shattered. Without any support, the boy leaned out of the window frame, not eyeing the blue sky. It was finally that the student managed to regain balance and lifted himself up, but the boy was already leaning out to far. He tried to reach out and grasp onto the window frame, but intact glass remained and pierced his fingers and palms. The pain had him loosening his grip and slipping, cutting across his skin. He then had the feeling of being weightless as his torso was out and his legs flew off.

In very few seconds, the young boy fell onto the concrete ground, landing on his neck, breaking it. His skull bounced against the pavement and his brain vibrated from the hit that his perception failed. He was unable to see that another glass pane fell out of position, almost intact without small shards scattering. The glass pane came into contact with his body, breaking into shards and piercing his body, almost pinning him to the ground. His glasses was already thrown off and cracked. His eyes were half opened in a dead stare, mouth gaping with blood. His blood pooled around his body, his clothes deeply stained by a crimson red.

Screams of terror echoedall around. Students gathered around the scene while on-duty teachers attemptedto push them all away, despite the state of shock they were in by the sight ofthe death scene. Many could not stand to continue to watch the scene, even somevomiting at the sight of the pooling blood. Amidst the crowd, a young girl withblack hair and lime-green eyes stared blankly at the corpse. She stared at adark violet butterfly, perched on its chest. She continued staring for a whilelonger and turned away from the scene. She squeezed herself through the crowdand ignored everything else.