( 19 ) Meet Your Brother

I got all the gate keys for my birthday!!

Natsu

After about 15 minutes of just plainly standing in the middle of the room, my phone rang, and pulling it out of my pocket, I saw that it was my parents. I picked it up. "Hello Natsu," my mom said in an unusually normal voice. "Hey, mom. What's up?" Seriously, I'm getting an uneasy feeling right now. My mom never sounds like this... Is something bad about to happen?! My mom spoke up. "Wendy told us that everything is ok with you and Lucy now." 

"Yeah, why?" I asked curiously.

"Ok, that's good news. We need you and Lucy to come to our house, tonight, in nice clothes. Lucy's parents will be there too. We need to introduce you to someone very important." 

"Umm, ok mom, but why so serious?" I said in a joking manner, but I didn't expect my mom to respond the way she did. "Natsu, this is really important and life changing for you! You need to be more serious and understand that!" I was rendered speechless by my mom's outburst. 

"Ok mom," I whimpered. 

"Alright. Be here by 5:45." 

"Yeas ma'am." 

"Then I'll see you soon, honey. Bye."

"Bye," I said hanging up the phone.  "Who was that, Natsu?" Lucy questioned.

"It was my mom and she said we need to be at their house by 5:45, in nice clothes. We're supposed to meet someone extremely important. My mom actually sounded really serious, though. And they also know that everything is resolved, and we're back to normal now!" Grinning, I stuck up my thumb, signaling that everything was good. She smiled gently, eyes closed. 

In that moment, she looked so beautiful. Her smile was more beautiful then any jewel, and her golden hair shimmered slightly as light sneaked thorough the crack in the blinds. She was practically glowing. 

My body moved before I could realize what I was doing. It was the soft warm pair of lips that I felt on my own that snapped me back into reality. I could feel her melt into the sweet exchange. After about a minute, we ran out of breath.

 Red-faced, we both slowly ended the kiss, not wanting to end this precious moment. "Oi, idiot! This is only our 2nd kiss!" Lucy exclaimed. 

"Are you saying that didn't like it?" I pouted, puffing out my crimson cheeks.

"I never said that did I?" she mumbled quietly, embarrassed. 

"What was that?" I teased her, enjoying her timid side. 

"Shut it, pinky." Oh boy, her timid side went away fast

Lucy

It was about 5:00, so I went into our bathroom and took a quick shower. As I got out, I  got dressed in a mid-thigh, short black skirt and put on a black sweater, and started applying my makeup. When I was doing my mascara, Natsu walked into the bathroom. 

"Why do girls go to such lengths just to be pretty?!" he yelled.

"What do you mean?" I asked, setting the mascara down and turning to him.

"I mean, are you like trying to poke your eyes out? I'm not gonna even try to understand girls...," he said looking defeated. I giggled at his child-like behavior. "Hey, I came in here to tell you it's 5:15. We need to get going soon," he advised me. 

"Oh, ok. I'm done with my makeup. I just gotta get some earrings and stuff. Are you ready?" I asked. 

"Yeah, I'm gonna go get the car ready, so just come out when you're all ready." 

"Ok." He left the room, and I put on my pink diamond earrings. I ran out and put on some black heels. Natsu was waiting at the door for me and we walked out to the black limo in front of our house. 

When we got to the Dragneels, the mood was very serious. 

Aunt Grandeeney and Uncle Igneel looked super anxious and kept sneaking glances at Natsu nervously. 'Just what is about to happen?' Nervously I started twiddling my thumbs. 

Suddenly a man with jet black hair and black, empty eyes walked in. Aunt Grandeeney shot up and walked over to him. "Zeref!" Wait. He was at our wedding. Aunt Grandeeney continued. "Natsu. This is Zeref... He's your... brother."