Chapter 4: unexpected

Alexis

"I don't know Chris". I sighed. The light peaking through his blue curtains warmed my face, as I lie on my back sprawled across his bed.

He lay on top of my small frame, with his face placed gently in the crook of my neck. "What do you mean you don't know?" His head rose up as he peered at me, with a half annoyed half confused expression.

"Exactly what I said, I don't really want to go". He asked me, if we were going to homecoming, and I honestly don't really want to attend.

"Babe, come one you only get 4 homecomings". He argued. I laughed at his statement as he glared down at me. I pecked his nose just because he was so cute when he was annoyed.

"Maybe".

He sighed, and laid back down. I was staring at the ceiling as he gripped my wrist and place any hand on his curls, indicating he wanted me to play with his hair.

I ran my small fingers through his curls as he moaned in satisfaction. He loves when people play with his hair. I mean who doesn't?

I was just reminiscing on our past as friends, as lovers. Just altogether. Then something caught my curiosity.

"Hey Chris?" I said, my voice sounding like a mouse. I was a little scared to ask him this.

"Wassup". He mumbled in a tired tone.

"Do you remember that argument we had, when we were like 14?"

"We had a lot of arguments when we were 14". He laughed. I chuckled awkwardly. "The one when I was uh- you know..."

"Oh yea what about it?" He asked, his voice a little more alert.

"Y-you mentioned a b-brother". I spit out. He quickly removed himself from me, moving to the opposite side of the bed. "Ain't none of your business lex". He grumbled.

I wrapped my arms around him from behind so we were awkwardly spooning. "I was just curious Christopher". He didn't respond.

"Chris I'm your girlfriend, your sup-". He cut me off

"I said it ain't none of your business". He growled menacingly, now looking at me. "I just-"

"Then tell me what happened with your dad". He taunted. I tensed up, and my gaze dropped to my finger as they twirled together.

"What happened Alexis? Huh? Huh? Huh?" He poked at me like he was little kid.

"Stop Chris!" I glared at him, as my brows furrowed. "Well that's how fucking annoying it is, if I don't want to tell you I don't have too. I don't pressure you, and as my girlfriend you have to respect that!"

I stayed silent, because he was right. I'm always so nosey about the people I love. I just can't help it, if I care about you I'm always all up in your face.

"S-sorry". I whispered, and looked at him. His back was facing me, as his hand rose and waved me off. That meant apology not accepted. I just decided to leave.

"I'm gonna go". I got up from his king sized bed as it made a squeaking noise, and gathered my shoes and phone.

Slipping on my shoes I began to walk down stairs, only to be greeted by his mother, and father. His mother was mixing something that smelt delicious in a pot, while his father had his arms wrapped around her. I'm happy they settled their differences.

"Oh Lexi, leaving so early?" Ms. Joyce cooed. I nodded. "My mother wants me home". I lied. I didn't need his mother yelling at him, for something that was my fault.