7 Years Later

"Momma!" A chorus of voices rang out among the din in the school yard as a not-too-big-to-lift-her-near-four-year-olds Mavis stood, waiting for her children to get done at their after school programs.

Grant sat on her shoulder, looking large, regal and extra protective now that his Human's Other was once again carrying.

Dexter reached her first, brown bangs falling over the rim of his glasses, the little head of a red fox kit popped over his shoulder. "Momma, I caught a frog at recess and Mr. Myers-" the story was cut short by a rocket of brown and pink.

Mavis barely had time to put up her hands to protect her growing belly from her overzealous daughter's head. Grant hopped off, squawking indignantly as Grace, an overexcited German Shepard puppy, tried her hardest to nip his tail feathers. "Whoa, whoa, whoa! Natalie Grace, what have you been told about Momma's tummy?" She scolded the girl gently, crouching down to look in her baby blue eyes.

"That there is a baby in it and to be careful because the baby is fraggle."

"The word is fragile, turd face." A little blond boy, a spitting image of Mavis if it weren't for the straight, blond hair, walked up to the trio. He had a white ferret wrapped around his neck.

"Spencer Callum!" Mavis stood again and smacked the back of his head lightly. "You apologize to your sister, right now."

The mouthy five year old muttered a completely unconvincing "sorry, Nat" and went to stand by the passenger door of the car, taking his hearing aids out and putting them in the special pocket of his Hulk backpack.

He preferred to sign for a while after school, because the aids were uncomfortable for long periods of time. Uncle Tony was working on it.

Mavis sighed and looked at Dexter, "I'm sorry sweetie. Let's get you two in the car and then you can tell Momma all about this frog of yours, okay?"

"'Kay, momma." They got into the silver Subaru and headed back to the Avenger's tower, while Dexter regaled them all with the story of catching the new class pet. The bird flew ahead. Once there, the younger kids raced through the private entrance that lead to the living quarters, while Spencer walked beside his mother, holding her hand.

The Rogers family lived in one of the upper floors, close to the communal floor, but far enough away that they didn't need to worry about the kids' noise bothering the others.

Various team members dropped by over the course of the afternoon to wish her a happy anniversary and Tony poked fun at her once again full womb. "Your Animal should have been a rabbit instead of a wolf!"

Mavis had picked out all the outfits for the night a few days before hand and hung them in she and Steve's closet for safekeeping.

She wore a black dress that hugged her belly and had short, lace sleeves and a slit that let her leg peek out when she walked. The sleeves showed off Steve's name on her shoulder, as well. Deciding to forego fancy makeup and applied a bit of light pink lipstick and let her hair fall in it's natural, long waves. She had Steve suit laid out on the bed so he all he had to do was jump in the shower when he got home from work. It was a simple black suit, white shirt, with a blue and red tie.

The boys were running about the floor in their pajamas - Mavis and Steve learned long ago not to get the kids dressed until the last minute.

As she dressed her daughter and fixed up her hair, she thought about her life with Steve. They had been together for seven years, and married for six of them. She was now Mavis Abeline Rogers, and she was a mother of three wonderful children. Soon to be four.