9. Prison Break

Pruthvi Krishna was staggering.

Grabbing his arm, trying to cease the blood oozing out, slowly and carefully, he sat on the rusty bench. His breathe was heavy and he craved for water. He looked around trying to see what this smelly place was. He trembled with fear when he realized he was jailed. He was able to acknowledge why someone like him could be in the position he was. Only a few hours ago he was walking on the strand of the lake, hand in hand with Leena, sending a quality time with her, visualizing her excitement when she described the new dress she recently bought, the way she talked. He felt a sharp twinge of pain in his stomach thinking of her.

He was missing his best friends he made after he came to know that he was a Samagraha-Tyrell and Celina. He was missing their bickering; he wanted to get back to them. They were the only people who made him comfortable living in the academy. They were everything to him after he lost his parents. Thinking about his parents gave a jolt in his stomach. Never ever he could have imagined that a boat trip in cool weather of Ogunquit would be his last and worst trip. He lost both of them there when they were attacked by an alligator. He shook his head trying to drift away those ugliest nightmares.

He still couldn't believe he was abducted. To his utter revelation three people appeared before him, made Leena fall unconscious and snatched him away. He couldn't have noticed their faces for they were completely camouflaged. He didn't know where he was being taken to. It was a total blackout. The only next thing he remembered now, that he was in this prison, beaten and thrashed till he could stop fighting. His stone was taken away from him not letting him use his powers.

After a few hours when his eyes were heavy and trying to sleep, he heard a low humming sound from outside, he sensed someone. He wished to call out for them. But he was too weak to bring the voice out of his mouth. The humming sound was closer now. He tried his best to see who it was. Suddenly, the gates opened and a huge man masked with a black veil, stepped in. Pruthvi's terror rose. He didn't want any more pounding. He knew his body couldn't handle anymore. His heart dropped to his knees when the man leaned towards him, his yellow eyes flashed and he sniffed.

"I know you are beaten enough," he said with a grating voice, "I hope you are ready to speak."

Pruthvi tried hard to talk and finally said, "What do you want?"

"A simple answer for a simple question."

Pruthvi looked away.

"Do you know where you are?" the man asked.

Pruthvi mocked, "In a prison, without any reason."

"Of course there is a reason," he said, "I need some details that only you can give me."

"What details? What do you want from me?"

"Where is your sister?" He said quickly, his voice turned greedy.

Pruthvi scoffed, "You are mistaken. I don't have any sisters."

"Don't make me lose my patience, boy. Just tell me where she is?"

"I don't know what you are talking about."

"I know doctor told you everything. He was successful in hiding you for so long but not anymore. We do know you are her only living relative. Don't try to manipulate me."

Pruthvi pressed his eyes hard and gritted his teeth, "He told me nothing. He hardly ever talked to me. I don't know who you are and why you brought me here. Please let me go, I know nothing."

The man stepped forward and caught him by his hair, "Are you listening to me? I said I need to know where your sister is."

"And I told you, I don't have a sister," Pruthvi said loudly, "I swear. I am the only child to my parents."