Chapter Three: Lucy The Matchmaker

"And why not?" Lucy asked as she followed the shorter girl out the door of her classroom.

"Because that's cheating." Levy replied looking back at her best friend. "How was your first day anyways?" She continued as they walked out towards the exit of the school building. The empty halls kind of scared Levy, though she'd never admit it. 

"How so?"

"I'm your roommate and..." She glanced around, "If you were to transfer to my class you could cheat." She shrugged. "Besides your teacher seems nice enough." Levy kept walking as her friend followed behind her. "Are you ready to head home?"

"I've been ready for two hours. What could you have possibly been working on for two hours?" Lucy asked.

"Well I had to skip lunch for a meeting and I had some extra paperwork. That kid that showed up this morning with your boyfriend is a troublemaker and I have to look out for him."

"He's older than you."

"He's still my student." Levy glared at her as she opened the door to the building. She walked to her car with her friend following close behind her. 

Lucy chuckled and Levy glared at her as she opened her driver side door. "What's so funny?"

"Nothing." She said getting in the car. She sat quietly for the ride home, which troubled Levy just a little bit.

Gajeel slouched on the sofa in the living room listening to Natsu talk to Lucy on the phone in his room. He growled and threw a pillow down the hallway, "Quiet down!" He yelled.

He heard silence for about five seconds then heard a huge burst of laughter from two people. He blinked thinking it over then got up and banged on Natsu's door. Lucy opened it and smiled at him, "Hey Gajeel!" She said passing him and going into the bathroom.

"You aren't on the phone." Gajeel said glaring at Natsu.

"Well I was, but she came over and came through the window." Natsu replied scratching his head.

"You know, that's usually what the boyfriend does, not the girlfriend." He crossed his arms in front of his chest, "Plus it ain't like I'm yer damn parents, you ain't got to hide yer girlfriend coming over, idiot." He walked away bitterly. 

"He was so into Levy." Lucy said walking back in. "I bet he was pretty upset she was a teacher." She closed the door and Gajeel glared at the door. 

"What?!" Levy said staring at her best friend in shock. "What do you mean 'You set me up with a date'?! I didn't ask you-,"

"Shhhhh!" Lucy said holding her finger up to Levy's lips. "It'll be fine. It's just a blind date, plus Natsu and I will be there." 

Levy sighed and looked away, "Fine but I want you to know that you are to never to do this again and if it is with who I think it is, oooh girl you're going to be in trouble." She walked away as Lucy smirked. 

Levy walked into the bathroom and started up the shower. She stretched and then looked at herself in the mirror. "A date, who does she think I am? No guy is going to like a nerd like me." She slowly undressed then stepped into the steaming shower letting her muscles relax.

Gajeel tapped his foot waiting for Natsu at the front door, "We're gonna be late picking up yer girlfriend if ya don't hurry it up salamander!" Gajeel yelled. He fiddled with his keys while he waited impatiently. 

"We still have ten minutes before we have to leave. When did you become such an organized asshat?" Natsu yelled out of his room. Gajeel heard a crash and laughed.

"Since I decided to actually try this year." He replied walking to the kitchen. "And ten minutes is too little of time for you."

"Uh-huh, sure. Last year it was me waiting at your parent's front door for twenty minutes for you."

"Well I've been waiting for at least two." Gajeel said making a sandwich. 

"Just let me put my shoes on." Natsu glared at Gajeel from over the counter.

"Hurry it up, we have, " Gajeel checked his watch, "five minutes to get out of here."

Natsu groaned at walked into the living room. He slipped on his shoes and raised an eyebrow at Gajeel, "Let's go, metal face."

"I'm eatin'." He said with a mouth full of sandwich. "Ya took too long." He smirked swallowing. 

"You're kidding."

"Nope."

Levy was packing up her things to leave for the day when one of her students walked in. She heard the steps and thought it was Lucy, but she was sadly mistaken. "Lucy..." she trailed off seeing his pierced face. "Mr. Redfox." She said sighing.

"Hey Le-Ms.McGarden." He said looking slightly less bitter than when they had talked earlier that day. 

"Do you need something?" She said zipping up her bag. "I was about to leave. It is thirty minutes after the last bell."

"Well Natsu, that pink haired idiot dating yer roommate, just told me I had a date tomorrow night." He said.

Levy walked to the door, "Alright and...? This sounds like something you should take up with him not me. I am not your mother, I'm barely old enough to be teaching."

"Well that's the thing." He continued. "He said yer my date."

Levy's heart skipped a beat and she blushed brightly, "I-I have to go." She said shoving him out the door. She locked the door and ran out of the building. She ran into Lucy next to her car. "You didn't tell me h-he was my date!" She yelled at her. 

"Who?" She asked casually.

"Gajeel!"

"Oh."

"You know how much trouble I-I could get in?! I could lose my job! L-Lu!" She opened her trunk and threw her bag in then slammed it closed. "You can't be hooking me up with my students!"

Lucy shrugged, "No one is going to find out. Plus you are constantly saying that 'No guy will ever be into you cause you're so smart' so what do you have to worry about?" She waved her hands around then opened the car door.

"He actually seems like he is into me!" Levy said opening her door. 

"Guess we'll see." Lucy said smiling.

Levy groaned and started the car. The two drove home in silence.