Prologue

Hello! :)

So.... kind of surprised you with this, didn't I? Well, I wasn't quite planning on starting this so soon either, but I just got a few ideas and couldn't really wait anymore... ;)

I have to be clear, though; This is really a sneak peak. I'm not going to continue writing it immediately, but maybe in a few weeks time. That's because I mainly want to focus on Meant To Be right now, you know. Warm Night has nothing to do with Meant To Be, by the way.

Also, this story is going to be slightly different. First of all, this story will be written mainly in one P.O.V., so not a different P.O.V. every chapter. I'm also going to try a slightly different style of working with the past and present tenses in this story, but that'll be completely experimental so there's a chance that I'll change it later on.

Furthermore, the guys are still in school, so they're a bit younger then they are right now (in real). I want to make one more note; I imagine Liam the way he looked when he auditioned X-factor in 2010, so with the rather long, straight hair. You may of course imagine it otherwise, but I just wanted to let you know what I personally think of. ;)

Don't forget to vote, comment and give me feedback! It really means a lot to me, and I really need the feedback a lot! ;)

If you have any other questions, just ask me. Now, I hope you enoy the prologue! :D

〰〰〰

Niall P.O.V.

As I approach my locker, I can't help but chuckle. Louis is there, waiting for me, as usual. He smiles back when he notices me.

Louis and I have been best friends since first grade, and little has changed since then. I'm still a normal wallflower, always trying to stay out of the picture and not very fond of changes, and Louis is still the slightly crazy clown. We are so different, almost opposites, and I guess that's one of the reasons why we get on so well.

"Hey Blondie!" Louis greets, still smiling. I roll my eyes at him; he's too predictable. He's been calling me Blondie since I dyed my hair blond a few weeks ago, and he still thinks it's an amazing joke or something. I don't really mind, though, because I know he's actually kinda proud of me for changing my hair colour.

Okay, that sounds weird, I know, but I can explain. As I said, I don't like changes. Don't get me wrong; I don't mean little changes, and nor do I mean that I'm one of those persons who really freak out whenever something changes. It's just that I'm happy with my life as it is now, and I don't need anything to change. I have loving parents, a cosy home, a good friend, good marks... it's all perfectly fine, so I wouldn't want it any other way. It makes sense to me, but Louis thinks it's crazy, and he always tries to motivate me to change things. One time he even suggested me to start dressing black - and black only - because he thought it would be good for me to 'try out some different styles' to find out my 'real me'. I told him the real me is just the cheesy little leprechaun I've always been, but he just laughed at that like it was a joke. So when I told him I was going to dye my hair, he was pretty enthusiastic.

"Hey Lou. What's up?" I murmur absently, while opening my locker and taking the books I need first. Louis just hums in respond. I shoot a quick glance at my schedule for today, and sigh when I see what's up first; Maths. God, I hate Maths! Honestly, I couldn't care less about all those freakin' numbers and equations...

From the corner of my eye, I see Louis frown curiously, before his expression changes and he starts to grin sheepishly at me. "You don't know it yet, do you?"

I furrow my eyebrows, wondering what he's talking about. "I don't know what yet?"

Louis chuckles, obviously enjoying my moment of confusion. "No Maths today, Blondie, mr. Dane went down with something."