Chapter Two

After the 'she threw it at me' incident, mom still let me go to Crecent Moon Diner with them, though every time she turned around, Chris stuck his tongue out and glared at me. He knows how to glare, but he doesn't know how to open a granola bar?
   When we left, I felt like I was on cloud nine, it was so delicious! I got waffles with whipped cream and strawberries with maple syrup. I was having a great time, until we got stuck in traffic and started pouring rain. This happens a lot in New York City. More times then should.
   "Who's idea was rain?" My mom yelled. "Really!" But I wasn't listening. I was looking at everyone in the rain. How can my mom complain? We were in a warm, dry comfortable car. People outside were wet, cold, and miserable!
   My mom turned on the radio and the wether man's voice said.
   "Hurricane Joaquin. Yeah you heard it! A small hurricane over the sea, so lots of rain is expected." Mom hit the radio and cursed, forgetting that there was a little kid in the back seat who gasped when heard it.
   "Mommy!" He yelled.
   "Sorry Lola, sorry Chris." She answered." Just a little upset." I nodded and looked out the window, hoping we'll be home soon.
¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥
   An hour later we drove into the parking lot. It was 12:28 and Chris kept asking
    "Are we there yet? Are we there yet?" So I was relieved to get out of the car. I was very  relieved to get out of the car. Chris was using his super annoying voice.
   "Mommy, can I have the rest of the milk and cookie ice cream?" Chris asked, making himself look adorable. The little monster.
   "Hey!" I exclaimed." That's my ice cream!"
   "Sure, sweetie." My mom ignored me.
   "But-"
   "Let your brother have it."
   "But mom!"
   "No buts." She ordered. I rolled my eyes and walked to the side walk and waited for mom and Chris to come. When they did Chris kept saying.
   "Mommy, can I get one? Please?"
   "No sweetie."
   "Why? He has one! I want one!" I looked to see kid playing with a remote control truck, and then I knew what he was whining about. He wanted the truck.
   "If mom says no she says no." I told him.
Bad idea.
   "BUT I WANT IT!" He screamed.
   "Well you can't have it." I told him." If you want it you have to be a good boy."
   "How long?" He asked. I shrugged.
   "As long as mom wants." He nodded, and shut up. I smiled. Maybe he won't be that bad in the future.
¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥
   "AAAHHH!" Some one yelled, and I bolted up from my bed and ran into the room where it was coming from.
   I should have guessed it was Chris's room.
   Mom was already there.
   "What's wrong?" I growled. I was in middle of a great dream, and the little rat woke me up.
   "There's a spider on the wall." He pointed to something on the wall.
   "Chris, that's a nail." I groaned.
   "Oh." I rolled my eyes, and walked back to my room, staring at the ceiling trying to figure out what we were going to do.