Chapter Three

Eleanor's POV

When we arrived at our use-to-be favorite restaurant, I can't help but awe at the scenery. I haven't been here in ages. They have remodeled a lot since my last coming. They've installed more windows and the old brick seems to be repaired. The garden off to the side seems to be an outside sitting area now.

"Wow. I can't even remember the last time I've been here." Ezra says. I look at him to see him ogling the rennovated cafe.

"My thoughts, exactly." I tell him. Together, we walk into the cute cafe and are greeted by a young hostess.

"Hello! Welcome to Caffe Napoli." We both smile to her as she grabs two menus and leads us to the outside seating area. When we are seated next to the brick wall covered in intricate vines and roses, we thank her after she tells us our waitress will be just a moment.

"Things have changed so much." I say while looking down at the menu. There is a section to the side that says originals. I recognize every item from the old menu and smile to myself.

"Yeah, they sure have." I hear Ezra say quietly. We sit silently until we are interrupted by our waitress.

"Hello, my name is Jess. I'll be your server for this afternoon. Is there anything I can get you two to drink and perhaps anything to start off with?" She is sweet.

"Yes, please. Can I have a water?" Ezra asks.

"Same for me too please." I say towards the waitress.

"Absolutely. I'll be right back with those." She walks off and I continue to look down at the menu, wondering just what to get. They have added so many new things, but I'm tempted to order my old meal. I haven't had it in so long.

"Ezra? Ella?" I hear a familiar voice say. I look up at Ezra to see him looking at me with the same curious face before looking around. My eyes land on an old friend of ours, Vivian. She walks closer to us with the biggest smile on her face, eyes crinkling at the sides. Wispy grey hairs loosen around her ears as she rushes over to us.

"My god! Look at you two. I always knew you guys would make it!" My eyes fly to Ezra's and he shrugs his shoulders. "Oh! Let me get Max! He would be just delighted to see you both!" She continues before quickly scattering off.

"She thinks we are still together." I tell Ez.

"Yeah, I caught that,"

"But we aren't."

"Yeah... but are you going to be the one to tell her otherwise?" He asks with a smile. I look down and before I have a chance to respond, I hear Viv's voice as well as a very familiar Italian accent. Both walk up with big smiles on their faces.

"Look Max! They are all grown up now and are adults! I told you they would get married!" Viv says.

"I'll be! Sand up and give the old man a hug!" Ezra and I look at each other before rising to give them both hugs.

"Oh, I remember when you guys would come in here after school. Just the cutest little couple in love!" Vivian says, looking up at the sky with both hands clasped to her heart.

Ezra and I meet eyes for only a moment and look down at our laps. I know we are both thinking about the past.

"Now come on Viv, you are embarrassing them both. Look at them.." Max says.

"Actually Viv, El and I aren't together anymore... not for a long time." Ezra says. I look up quickly and his face is set in stone. There is no smile, but rather a harsh serious face.

"Oh, dear. I apologize. I had no idea. You two look very happy though, regardless." Viv finally says after a long pause.

"Now, now. Come on dear. Lets leave them two be. How about I bring you kids some chub?" Max says.