Chapter 1

Ben's POV

I woke up to my alarm blaring some Pink Floyd. I hit dismiss and threw my blanket off of me and got out of bed. Boy was I tired from the move. I walked into the bathroom and took my shower. Once I got out I blow dried my hair and straightened it. I threw on some black skinnies, a Pink Floyd tank and some converse. I put a beanie on my hair and grabbed my bag and phone. My door opened and my mum walked in.

"Benjamin, its time to go. You're going to be late." She said.

"Mum, I'm coming." I said. We walked out of my room and downstairs. We walked down to the kitchen. I grabbed an apple and rinsed it off. I bit into it and ate it.

"Sweetie, I have something for you before you leave." She said. I looked at her. She handed me a guitar case. I looked at her. "This is just a little bit of an early birthday present." She said. I looked at her and hugged her.

"Thanks, mum." I said. She hugged back.

"You're welcome." She said and pulled away. "Now, go to the bus stop and wait for the bus." She said. I nodded and made sure I had everything. I walked out of the house and to the bus stop. I put my headphones in my iPod and put on my Pink Floyd playlist. I put my headphones in my ears and listened to the music while I leaned against the pole waiting. A car drove up. They picked the guy up that was standing beside me. The guy in the drivers seat was pretty cute. They drove off. Once the bus pulled up I got on and sat in the back beside a girl. She was really pretty.

"Hey, I'm Samantha." She said and smiled.

"Hello, love. I'm Ben." I said. She smiled.

"Well, Ben. What are you listening to?" She asked.

"Just a little bit of Pink Floyd." I said taking an earbud out and giving it to her. She put it in and smiled.

"So you're going to the school here?" She asked. I nodded. "So you play guitar?" She asked referring to my guitar case.

"Yeah, I sing a little too." I said. She smiled and nodded. The bus stopped and she handed me the ear bud. I put it in my ear and got up grabbing my stuff. We walked off the bus. I waved to Samantha and walked inside the school. I kept walking until I bumped into someone.

"Watch where you're going mate!" The person said. I looked up.

"Sorry." I said. The whole hallway was silent.

"You look like you're ready for band practice, fag." He said. Everyone started laughing. "You dress like one too." He said.

"Again, I'm sorry." I mumbled before walking off to find the office. I walked in. The secretary looked up at me.

"Who are you?" She asked.

"Ben Bruce, I'm the new kid." I said. She started typing on her computer.

"Benjamin Bruce?" She asked.

"Yes." I said. She started printing some things. Once she printed the papers she picked up her phone and called someone.

"Yes, I have a Benjamin Bruce here. Alright." She said and hung up. "The principal will be here in a minute. Take a seat." She said. I sat down on a seat and set my stuff to the side. I sat there and waited. A guy came out of a room.

"You must be Ben Bruce." He said. I nodded. "You can come on into my office." He said. I got up and grabbed my stuff and followed him into the room. I shut the door and sat down in a seat. He sat behind the desk. "Okay, so I'm going to tell you all the rules we have here. One, you can't be late to class or you get detention. Two, if you get into a fight with someone you'll be suspended because we do not tolerate violence here. Third, no cell phones during class. And lastly, we don't fancy tattoos. So you'll need to cover yours up." He said. I nodded. "You'll be fine for today. Now, we are going to pull your classes up." He said and typed on his computer. I started shaking my leg. He printed out some papers. "Okay, for first hour you have Music, then you have maths, science, history, lunch, gym, and English." He said handing me my times table. He handed me another paper. "This is for your teachers to sign and you bring it back to the office." He said. I nodded. "I will show you to your first class." He said. We got up. We walked out to the corridor. We walked to a room and he opened the door. The teacher had stopped talking.