Chapter 2

Ben's pov

"Hey, Ben." Danny asked, once I got in the car he sped off. I had told my mom I had a ride to school.

"Hey, Danny." I said.

"Are you ready for the party tonight?" He asked. I shrugged.

"I guess so, yeah." I said.

"What's wrong?" He asked sensing something wrong.

"Nothing." I said. "Just tired." I added. My phone vibrated in my pocket. I slipped it out of my pocket and saw a text from Samantha.

Samantha: happy birthday, Benji.

I smiled to myself.

Ben: thank you, love.

I put my phone in my pocket and sighed.

"Wait, isn't today your birthday?" He asked.

"Yeah, but it's no big deal." I said shrugging. He sighed.

"I didn't forget, mate." He said. I nodded.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah, I didn't forget." He said.

"Okay." I said and we got to school. "Thanks for the ride." I said and walked to the steps of the school. Denis was sitting there with tears running down his face. I sat beside him. "What's wrong, Denis?" I asked.

"Why would you care? I'm an ass to you." He said wiping the tears away.

"Because I'm not heartless." I said. "What's wrong?" I asked. He sighed.

"Care to ditch school and we'll talk?" He asked.

"Sure." I said. Danny walked past me and up the steps into the school. Denis and I walked to his car. We got in and he started the car and started driving.

~
The car ride was silent but it was a comfortable silent. We got to a beach and he parked and got out. I followed leaving my stuff in the car. He sat on the hood of his car and I just followed in pursuit.

"So, want to tell me what's wrong now?" I asked. He sighed.

"Well, for the past two years, my mom has had cancer. It drove her to be insane. Now she's in a mental facility trying to gain her sanity back. The cancer is gone, thankfully. But I was on the phone with my pops and he said she flipped out on him this morning so she had to go to a mental facility. I'm just scared she won't be able to come out of the facility. I love my mom to death. Also, on top of this, my boyfriend broke up with me last night and I'm just a broken mess." He said. I wrapped my arm around him giving him a hug. He hugged back and just started crying his eyes out. I rubbed his mac and he pulled away. "P-please don't tell anyone I'm gay." He said.

"I won't. Everything you just said to me is going to be taken to the grave." I said holding my pinky out. He chuckled and interlocked his pinky with mine. I smiled and looked at him. "I'm sorry about your mom. I love the fact that she is doing well without the cancer." I said.

"Thanks, Ben." He said. I nodded.

"So, Danny is throwing a party tonight. You should come." I said changing the topic.

"Danny doesn't particularly like me." He said.

"A lot of people are going." I said. He nodded.

"We'll see." He said. I nodded. "I love coming to the beach when no one else is here. It's so peaceful." He said. I nodded in agreement. I saw he has some faint lines on his wrists.

"D-Denis." I said with my voice breaking.

"Hm?" He asked looking at me.

"D-do you cut y-yourself?" I asked. He looked down at his wrist and then back to me.

"It was only once. Last night." He said looking down.

"Because of your boyfriend breaking up with you?" I asked. He nodded. "Look at me." I said. He looked up at me. "He isn't worth it." I said. He nodded. I wanted to so badly kiss him and tell him everything will be okay. But I couldn't. "Well, my mom is out of town. We can go to my place instead of going to school." I insisted.

"Alright. Do you have a license?" He asked. I nodded and showed it to him. "Okay, here's the keys. I'm in no state to drive right now." He said handing me his keys. We got off the hood and got in the car. I started the car up and buckled up and started driving in the direction of my house.

~
Again, the car ride was silent. I parked and we got out and walked inside my house. We walked into my room.

"Your room is really nice." He said.

"Thanks." I said. My room wasn't anything big. Just has a king size bed in the middle of the room, a flat screen across from my bed, a walk in closet, a bathroom on the other side of my tv, a window bed underneath my window, a desk by the door, some posters and guitars on the wall. Wasn't anything big. He sat on my bed. I sat on my desk chair.

"So, tell me some stuff about you. I spilled my guts out to you." He said. I looked at him.

"Well, what do you want to know?" I asked.

"Well are your parents together?" He asked.

"Nope parents divorced two years ago." I said.

"Shit, that sucks. Any girlfriend or boyfriend?" He asked.

"I'm strictly into dudes." I said quietly.

"Really?" He asked. I nodded.

~
We spent hours talking when my phone had started ringing. Denis is actually a really cool guy. I saw that Danny was calling me. I picked it up putting my phone to my ear.

"Hey, Danny." I said.

"Did you forget about helping me set up the party?" He asked.

"Shit, yeah. I'm sorry mate." I said.

"It's fine. You should come over now. The party is about to start." He said as I heard people entered the house talking.

"Okay." I said hanging up. I looked at Denis. "Come on, let's go party." I said.

"Can we just lay here? I don't wanna go." He said. I nodded and we just laid down and I put on his favorite movie. "You were actually listening?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said. He smiled softly and turned his attention to the movie. He was so cute.

~
We were half way through the movie when I heard faint little snores coming from Denis. I smiled. What a way to end my birthday. I turned the tv off and fell asleep thinking about how cute Denis looks sleeping and cuddled up to me. Wait, do I have a crush on Denis?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another one for you guys.