two

Maka felt someone poke her shoulder. Instinctively, she hit it with all her might without the need of completely waking up. She heard a loud groan which made her fully awake. Maka sat up on the bed and turned to her left to see someone curled up in a little ball. She saw the white hair and everything from yesterday flooded back.

"S-sorry." Maka said sheepishly. Soul groaned again and tried to stand up. "I was wondering if maybe you wanted breakfast...?" He said sounding a little out of breath. "Yeah." Maka swung her feet over the side of the bed which she didn't calculate properly because she accidentally – again – hit Soul which sent him tumbling backwards. "You're a complete safety hazard." Soul said half-jokingly which made Maka chuckle. Soul felt proud of himself and got up with the help of Maka. They made their way to the living room.

"You can sit on the couch if you'd like while I make," Soul paused as he searched his cupboards for something edible. He sighed. "Guess I need to go grocery shopping." He said turning to look back at Maka. "I'll go with you then." Maka said and paused. "I have no clothes." She said as realization hit her. She shut her eyes tightly, she balled her hands in anger ready to punch something. Spirit aka her father still had her belongings and clothes at his place. "Maybe we can get them when we go to the store." Soul suggested. "I mean, if you're gonna stay here." A slight blush made its way onto both of their cheeks. Maka nodded quickly and practically ran back into the guest room. She put on her clothes from yesterday and made her way back out. Soul was leaning against the wall next to the front door. "Ready?" He questioned. Maka nodded as they made their way out.

They walked in silence. All that could be heard were their footsteps along the cobble road.

"No school today huh." Maka said trying to break the silence. Soul nodded. "I've heard of your mother before." Maka felt her heart ache in her chest. Her breathing became difficult. Soul turned to Maka. "Are you okay?" Maka could feel tears start to brim her eyes. She kept her face from Soul's view. "I'm fine." Soul was ready to say something but knew he should just be quiet or he would most definitely make the situation worse.

He got this random urge to hug her and tell her everything was going to be okay. It was odd because he never once had such a strong feeling like that. He shook it off and continued walking. He walked ahead of Maka so she wouldn't feel as awkward or uncomfortable seeing as she seemed to be crying.

They walked like that until Maka seemed to calm down and caught up with Soul. He smiled to himself.

What is happening? Something must be wrong, right? Am I sick? Am I catching a cold? Is it contagious?! I don't want to get Maka sick too!? Wait, what? Why would I think that? I am definitely sick.

•••
so much for updating soon ;-;

also sorry for the extremely short chapter but it's a filler I guess you can say so eh.

also, I have a new fanfic out which has to do with haikyu's Hinata Shouyou and KAGEYAMA Tobio. meaning boyxboy. if you're not into that kind of stuff plz don't hate, appreciate. it'll also have girlxgirl so sweg.

I know you're all thinking "dumbass, you can't even update this story how the hell do you expect to update the other one?" Ha yeah I wish I could answer that but I'm just yoloing all of this so