Part 2 - My Crush

As I climbed my way in the worn out tree house, I was greeted with hi's and hey's. Once I got up I could see that it was only me, Chris, Gordie, and Teddy.

   "Hey guys," I greeted. Chris and Teddy were smoking, not surprising. They're slowly killing themselves smoking those hazardous sticks. I would tell them that, but they'd just roll their eyes 'cause I have told them a million times.

"Want me to deal you in?" A voice asked breaking me from my thoughts of my mother putting an end to my stare trying to find Jupiter.

   I snap my mind back into reality and into the dreamy blue eyes of Chris Chambers.

   "Uh.. no, I'm good," I said with a smile. Gordie looked at me with suspicion. (He always stayin' sus lmao)

   "Okay," he simply said and turned back to the little table with deck cards on it.

"Hey, how do you know a Frenchman's been in your back yard?" This was one of Chris's jokes. Stupid, but funny; yet of course I'd find it funny.

   "Hey, I'm French, okay?" Teddy said defensively.

   "Me too, you degenerate!" I laugh. "Your garbage cans are empty and your dog's pregnant." He joked. I chuckled, "Didn't I just say I'm french?" Teddy said.

   "I knock," Chris knocked. "Shit," Teddy said. "29," Chris said and laid down his hand. "22," and Teddy laid down his cards. We looked at innocent Gordie.

   "Piss up a rope!" He slightly shouted and slammed down his cards. We all busted into laughter, the poor kid can't win for losin'.

"Gordie's out. Old Gordie just bit the bag and stepped out the door." Teddy joked. Gordie just grabbed a magazine and sat back.

   "Come on man, deal," Chris told him. Teddy is crazy. Craziest friend we ever had. To be honest I don't think he has much of a chance in life. His dad had problems with aggression. Once he held Teddy's ear on to a stove and almost burnt it off. Poor kid, he's a good soul and I hope he does do good despite my doubts and everyone else's for him.

"I knock," Teddy knocked. "You four-eyed pile of shit!" Chris said. "A pile of shit has a thousand eyes." Teddy joked and made a crazy face. Chris looked to me and we both chuckled and showed me his cards. I mouthed an "ooooo" to him.

   "What? What's so funny? Come on. I got 30, what do you got?" he asked. "16," Chris laughed. "Go ahead. Keep laughing. You're down to your ride, pal." Teddy stated.

Chris was like the leader of our group and one of the greatest friends I'll ever come by. Not to mention I want to birth his children. (If you don't knock it off) Anyway, he came from a bad family and everybody knew he'd turn out bad, even himself. I didn't though and either did Gordie. We know the real Chris and the real Chris is a respectful, protective, caring, all around good guy. He could kill any girl with a smile like his and his eyes, you could stare into them all day long. I have the biggest crush on him, but he doesn't know and I think Gordie knows or is catching onto it.

Gordie, well his brother died a couple months ago and feel bad, because I too know what it feels like to lose someone you love so deeply. That's how Gordie and I have a special bond. He's like a brother to me. Though, Gordie is very... innocent, (besides me of course) he does have wild side to him. He just doesn't let it out. Anyways, his dad rarely shows interest in him unless it's to criticize his friends. Gordie won't share the things he says about us, so sometimes I catch myself wondering what his father thinks of me. I feel bad for the kid, being in the same position as him. The only difference being after my mom died, that's when my dad stopped showing interest in me. All around it's a horrible feeling to cope with, so I always try to be there for him. Gordie and I very rarely talk about it, but when we do it's at 2 am at a sleepover with the boys while everyone else is sleeping.