Monkey's Paw

It was a stormy summer morning when Maira's mother lost her life. As she is laying in her death bed she reviels to Maira a secret she has held for many years. In a small box, In a dark corner of her attic back home, she claimed to have hiden a Magical Monkey's Paw. She explained this paw had the power to bring wishes to reality. When making a wish she was to be very care full with her spoken words. Misinterpretation could be fatal.  " Hold and squeez the paw , wish from the heart , and  be careful what you say." It was believed to have the power to grant three wishes. Since her mother had used one in the passed, it now  had the power for two wishes .

    Many years went by. Maira went from a teen to a married woman. As many of us have encoutered, hard times and finantial struggle came about. One restless night Maira decides to tell her husband about her  mothers secret. She thought it would be worth a shot to try the paw. Her husband was overwhelmed by skepticism. Who could blame him,It all sounded so bougus.

       A few days later after her husband left to work,in his old pick-up truck,she decided to use the monkey's paw.She pulled it out of the old small box,sqeezed it tight,and asked to be rich."I wish I was rich".Yet nothing seemed to happen.Now skeptic herself,she throws it back in its box and into the garbage can.

    Later that evening much to her surprize a police officer was at her door. " Hello Mrs. I'm sorry to inform you that your husband has suffered a horrable accident. His truck was crashed staright into a tree."She went histarical. An atopsey later revealed that a heart attack had taken place.

     During his funeral a suited man approches Maira. " Mrs. I know this may not be the most apropriate time, however you must know that your husband had a very good life insurance. In fact I believe it was for a wopping five hundred thousand dollars. In other word you are rich."

     Maira could not believe her ears. She knew quickly and without a doubt , that half a million dollars came through the power of the Monkey's Paw . Without skipping a beat Maira rushes home to get the paw. She squeezes hard and with a face of tears wishes for her man to live forever. This was her last wish and a terriable one as well. Due to the prior autopsy, her husband was missing many internal organs to say the least. But the Monkey's Paw would not forgive. It quickly dissapeared and gave the man eternal life. Some say his screams were that of horrifing torture and pain without relief. With the missing internal organs, this man was sure to feel that pain forever. Unless someone else has found the paw ,has read this story, and is willing to spened one of thier three wishes wishing this man dead. He might still be alive to this day . . .