What goes up must come down

I woke up to voices murmuring rapidly. I recognized Celeste's and the other voice was foreign; I was curious and my ears focused on what they were saying. "I heard he's taken the first step!" Celeste gasped "It's too early, do you think she's ready." "Of course don't underestimate her."I opened my eyes blinking slowly then sitting up. My head swam and then it all came back to me my cheeks burned a deep red. I heard Celeste approach me.

"EVI YOUR AWAKE!" She crushed me and a tight embrace. I watched the retreating figure to through the door. ''Who's that?'' The figured hesitated but continued out the door none the less with their back squarely facing me. I frowned when she sat down and stared at me seriously, after a while she finally spoke. "What happened to you?" That's when I finally realized that I was sitting in a hospital and I hadn't even thought about the reason.

That was when I remembered that brooding face and haughty lips....WTH I felt like I was in a eighteen hundred year old movie in my own head. I groaned and flopped back onto the bed. He was so cocky I wish I'd slapped the smirk of those fine--lips of his.I groaned in frustration at my mental conversation.

"I asked you a question first." I replied stubbornly. "Well I'm not the one in a hospital bed smart alec now tell me why you passed out in the elevator." "W-Well there was this guy and he....I don't know what happened I just passed out okay? What time is it I can't miss my flight. You better not be skipping rehearsal to be here.

"No way!,You fainted cause of a guy!? Who was he? What did he look like?" Great now she's never gonna let it go. You see Celeste has this great idea that every siren has a soul mate and he is mysterious and cool. So as you can probably guess I have to be the more realistic one of the two of us. She just doesn't get that life isn't one big fairy tale.

I frowned at her. "Well thanks for the concern Celeste nice to know that our worried." She pouted and I instantly felt bad. "It's only two thirty in the afternoon.What's your rush? Your flights at four o'clock " "That's perfect I'll make my flight." "What!? You're still planning to go? You don't even wanna try to find him?" "Stop making it a bigger deal than it is Cee. Who knows maybe it was chance meeting." "You know I don't believe in chance Evi I'm a siren; I will never believe in chance." I sighed sitting up in the bed and removing the covers. "Please can you get the doctor let them know that I would like to be released." "She frowned at me but nodded heading out the doors.

I quickly put my clothes back on and a nurse came in with the doctor to give me a final check up. I signed my release forms and met Cee in the waiting room. She stared tearing up again. "I'll be fine." "Yeah that's what you said before you left before." "I'll be fine I'm sorry for worrying you'll I'll check in once I'm there."

"You better."I hugged her tightly collecting my stuff signing my release forms.

If only I knew what this trip was going to become I would have never left the hospital....

...........................

..............,..........................................................

so sorry this is an unfinished chapter felt like I owed a update In trying to get rid of this writer's block between work and stuff