\EIGHT/

- Everest -

I watched on as I touched his face and he physically withdrew from me.

I was looking for the tingles.

I was so caught up when we were having sex that I hadn't noticed them...but in that one touch, though brief, I couldn't feel them...but it also didn't stop my wolf from feeling hurt by his pulling away from me.

"So I guess I'll see you around then?" I sounded.

"Sure thing Everest."

His words echoed in my head, and I actually felt a little hurt by the fact that he had simply called me by my name 'Everest.' Call me simple or desperate but I had already fallen in love with him calling me 'babe', the cliche pet name had almost made what had just happened sort of acceptable.

I had walked all the way to the pack house re-playing the entire events of tonight and feeling horrible about it.

I quietly let myself into the pack house and once more internally thanked my father's mystery mate for occupying his time now.

As I let my body fall onto my bed I smiled as I recalled all of the tender moments of tonight, then my smile slowly fell as I realized that tonight hadn't been nearly as sweet or romantic as it should have been.

My mate got me drunk and took me back to his place where he had his way with me and then I had to walk home afterward.

Had I let it happen, of course...but he didn't know I wasn't nearly as drunk as I was letting on.

I had acted like a slut and he jumped at the opportunity.

The grown woman was in complete and utter disapproval , and I wanted so badly to be pissed off at him but I found I was only pissed at myself.

How stupid can one person be? To make things worse, we hadn't used a condom.

Sure he's my mate so I wouldn't care if I got pregnant...but I damn sure cared if I were to catch something from him. Granted I'm a Were and my metabolism is much quicker than a humans that it would burn away most ailments and sicknesses... HIV and AIDS is different, it effects Weres worse in the sense that it takes our healing ability away completely before slowly killing us.

As much as it hurts I know I had to do this, I would just have to hate myself but in the end I know the bond we had begun to create will try and bring him to me the way it brought me to him. Now it's just a waiting game.

I would have to stay close but also keep my distance.

I rolled over with a sigh, I just wanted to talk about this with someone, anyone.

If I told Ash I would ultimately have to admit that I wasn't a virgin and of course being my brother he'd get pissed off. I couldn't tell Brooke, she'd tell dad. Rich would lock me away and then tell dad. Briar would listen to me but then I would get like a four hour scolding before begging dad to let me move out of town with her and her husband, and Vale, well...I only pray that the moon goddess would have mercy on him and give him the sweetest and most caring mate as soon as he shifts and that she would accept him so he wouldn't ever have to go through what I am right at this moment.