twenty-three

Justin's POV:

"Come with me." I spoke up, leading her through the mass of my family members to the back porch. I held the door open for her as she stepped out, then lead her down the stairs to the garden by mom was working on. There were flowers sprouting and the small pond was very serene, setting the mood.

"What are you doing?" She asked. I immediately picked her up in my arms, spinning her around as she squealed and giggled. My heart was all over at the sound of her happiness.

"Justin!" She squealed, latching her arms around his neck. I set her down a few moments later, so we both wouldn't get dizzy. My eyes instantly found hers, and looked deep into those dark brown orbs that I got the pleasure to see everyday.

"You're absolutely perfect, do you know that?" I smiled, leaning my forehead hers mine. I don't think I could tell her how much I love her enough. She was just a blessing to me, and I needed to make her happy every second of the day.

"I'm only perfect because you make me perfect. Without you, I'd be nothing." She spoke with such honesty, pulling at my heart. She knows exactly what to say to get to me.

Just then, an idea popped into my head. I was going to wait until later on in the trip, but I think now was the right moment. "I was going to wait.. but I really just want to do this now.." I reached into my front pocket to pull out a small, black box which contained a very beautiful, diamond ring.

"Oh my god.."

Her hands flew to her mouth as I pulled out the box slowly. My breath was hitched in my throat, and it felt like I was going to pass out from nervousness. I shouldn't be nervous, I thought. It wasn't a proposal.. just a promise. But I think that's what scared me. I had broken so many promises to her in the past, and I didn't want her to think that this was going to be another empty promise I was making. I meant it this time, and I swear I was going to do anything to make sure she knew.

"Selena Marie Gomez.." I started, gently removing her left hand from her mouth to hold it. "You, are the best thing in the world to happen to me. We have been through so much in the past, and as much as I would want to take it back, I'm glad it all happened. Because we wouldn't be where we are now, at a place of such content and happiness. I can't be more thankful that I've been blessed with such an amazing girl as you. I want you to know, this time I mean it. No more empty promises, no more lies. I love you, and I want you to know this is my promise. To be yours, faithfully and honestly until the end of time and then some." I slowly opened the box, revealing the J ring that I had given her a few years back, which she had given back after a blow out. Of course I had it spruced up, added more diamonds to make it bolder and give it more shine.

"Justin.." She choked out, tears streaming down her face, tears of joy. I helped wipe away the tears with my thumb, giving her all the time she needed to respond. "I love you so much..."

"Oh, princes.. I love you. Please don't cry.. this is a happy moment." I smiled slightly, pecking her nose gently. "Can I put this on you?"

"God, yes. Please." She giggled, holding out her hand. I chuckled with her, sliding the ring back on her finger. "Perfect fit for a perfect girl."

My arms engulfed her into a tight hug, holding her against my chest as she sobbed the remainder of her tears away. Her arms wrapped around my neck, which was bent down, my head buried into her neck, taking in her scent. She was such a wonderful thing to my life, I don't know what I'd do or where I'd be without her.

---

Later that night, after we had dinner, most of the family had disbursed to the back yard. Some had to leave, for personal or family reasons, so we were left with the vital members. Selena was conversing at a table with my mom and grandmother, and some other girls in the family, while I was getting a refill on my drink.