I loved you for no reason ♥

Today is the day, the day that we both agreed that we will join the soccer team in our school. But honestly, I don’t like soccer that much. I actually don’t know how to play it according to the rules. I am just doing this out of love. I don’t want him to get disappointed on me. I don’t want him to hate me. He already did so many things for me. He cared for me a lot. He always makes me smile. He inspires me to do the things I am doing right now. He comforted me when I’m in pain and whenever I am sad. On top of that, he loves me. He accepted me whole-heartedly even though my family is not well-off and we only live in a poor neighborhood with a very simple living. We get our daily needs from the donations of NGOs. My mother is a nurse in a healthcare center while my father is a family driver. I don’t know who’s the family he is serving even though he already worked there for almost 2 months. I have no siblings because my parents can’t afford to raise more.

My lover came from a rich family. They own group of companies. As a matter of fact, the school we’re attending is also their property. I just became a student there because of the scholarship I got from the government. His name is Minho. Choi Minho to be exact, the heir of Choi Group of Companies or CGC but nobody knows that. He doesn’t let anyone know that. He wanted to keep low-profile and live normally. You must be wondering how we met, right? We met in a shoe store. I am supposed to buy the shoes I have dreamed of having. I worked for 10 part-time jobs just to earn money and buy those shoes. But as I am about to get it, a teenage boy grabbed it first. I called his attention.

“Yes? Do I know you from somewhere?” he asked.

“No. But I just wanted to tell you that I am the one who supposed to buy those shoes.” I answered.

“Sorry, but I got it first so it’s mine. Just look for another one, okay? Bye” then he started walking towards the counter.

I don’t know what I am doing and I think it is because of desperation, I assaulted him from the back and tried to snatch the shoes but the security guard came.

“Don’t make any trouble here, kiddo. Get out!” he shouted.

“No!” I protested. “Those shoes are mine. I worked for 10 part-time jobs just to buy those shoes and now you’re saying I can’t have it? Please? Spare me those shoes.”

The tears fall down my eyes as I say those things but the guard pulls me out of the door and push me across the street.

“Never come back here again, you poor boy!” the guard shouted at me before completely banging the door.

I can do nothing that time. I’m hopeless. I just cried and cried for a couple of minutes while sitting alone on the sidewalk. I cried and stayed on that place for 15 minutes before suddenly someone offered a handkerchief for me. I accepted it without looking at his face because I am too ashamed of how I looked.

“Sorry.” he said.

I am so shocked of what he said. Why say sorry after giving a handkerchief? Does that even make sense?

“I’m so sorry about earlier,” he continued. “I didn’t know you worked hard just to buy these shoes and I would only take that for granted. “ he paused for a while and checked the paper bag he is currently holding. “Here! You can have this! My treat after making you cry and a being kicked out of the store.”

He put the paper bag beside me and smiled for a brief moment. He then stood up and left. Before he got too far, I catch a glimpse of his face. It is him! The one who grabbed the shoes. The one I assaulted inside the store. I looked at the paper bag he left and I am so shocked to see that there are the shoes I wanted. He bought it for me! But why? I can’t even ask him because he already left without letting me speak or even say his name. I just can’t understand why would he buy such expensive shoes and give it to someone he doesn’t even know. I wish I could ask him though.

After that, I attended the Choi University and used those shoes. I am a freshman on that school and don’t know how to socialize especially because this is a school for rich people. I just got here because of a scholarship. To avoid any problems that might happen, I immediately went to my first class and just waited there before the class starts. I situated myself at the back seat to avoid getting any attention and so that I can be alone.

When the class starts, we need to introduce ourselves as usual. I am not interested in knowing the names of my classmates so I just look at the window and waited for my turn. When my turn comes, I stood in the middle and introduce myself.

“Good Morning everyone, I am Lee Taemin. Please be good to me. Thank you.”

I ended my introduction that way, I don’t want to further introduce myself because I don’t want them to hate me for being poor.

After all the students have introduced themselves, the professor is ready to start the discussion but suddenly, a late student interrupted him.

“Good Morning Sir. I’m sorry, I’m late. I am Choi Minho. New student here. Please take care of me” he said.

“Good Morning. Because you’re late, you may sit down at the back. Right there beside Taemin.” the professor points out the seat beside me.

“Okay Sir.” he answered.

As he walks closer to me, I can see that his face is so familiar. It feels like I met him just a couple of days ago, but I can’t remember who he is. He finally sits beside me. He then smiled at me and said, “Oh, you’re using those shoes I gave you. It suits you well”