Prologue

Prologue

The sound of Ariana Grande's song blasting off the speakers. I badly need a spare time alone.
I just feel like being alone is the best thing I could do to myself right now. When you're alone, no one can betray you, no one can break you and of course when you're alone no one can hurt you.

"What's you order miss?" then I looked at who's talking.

"Tequila" Yes. I drink, I'm not like this before but they taught me.

"Sure thing Miss" the bartender gave me the drink.

My eyes scanned the area if there's a sign that they are here. I'm sick of pretending that I'm alright when they are around, even when I'm not. Good thing there's not even a chance that they're here, probably they were out there somewhere else.

As I looked at my wrist watch, Oh. It's still early. It's 9pm in the evening, I still have a long night to enjoy and spend with.

I got more shots of tequila. I need this.

Then the music's mood changes into slow and ballad. I guess someone's on stage singing. Oh. Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol is now playing..

Forget what we're told
Before we get too old
Show me a garden that's bursting into life

Flashbacks were creeping me out. How did this things turned out into this?

All that I am
All that I ever was
Is here in your perfect eyes, they're all I can see

I've trusted both of them. Why did I end up like this?

I don't know where
Confused about how as well
Just know that these things will never change for us at all

Now I'm all alone, I just can't trust anyone. I am still hurting.

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

Pretending that I'm fine with them is like I'm creating my own grave. Everyday feels like I'm dying, I just don't want them to see.

"Miss? Are you okay?" someone sat beside me and tapped my back.

I just looked at him with blank face. He just smiled.

"Are you alone?"

Can't you see I'm alone? Do I have to state what's obvious?

"I guess you don't want some company. Well, We're the same before-"

"Leave me alone. Geez. Why are guys like this? You will show me that you care for me, you like me and when I am already in the peek of liking, you will dump me like there's nothing happened between the two of us." then I rolled my eyes at him.

"Whoah! Relax!" then he gave me a smile that made me pissed off even more.

"I don't want to talk to you. Leave me alone" I said to him with coldness in my voice.

"But you're already talking to me"

I rolled my eyes. How stupid this guy I am talking to.

"Hey look, just tell me what you're problem is. Maybe I could help you" then he winked at me.

"Nah. I'm good. Shoo!" and pushed him away.

But this guy is so fucking annoying and he's still here beside me!

I got more few shots of Tequila. Geez. I feel my body got numb.

I went to dance floor and let the beat of what the DJ's blowing off in the speaker moved my body.

I feel so dizzy but I just wanted to enjoy this fckin moment. A guy, No. A handsome guy approach me in the dance floor and starting to dance with me.

I can feel his skin touching mine. Then I don't know why, but his eyes were stuck in mine. We're looking at each other's eyes right now. I can feel the moment..then suddenly, someone grabbed my hand and took me away from my what so called prince-charming-met-in-the-dance-floor.

Then, everything went to black.

--

"Caeli! Wake up so that you won't be late for school!"

My head is throbbing that I couldn't stand up. It's already 8am in the morning as I check the clock.

I'm still lying in my bed, contemplating what happened last night and how the hell I found my way home. I went to the bathroom and had a shower. I worn a pair of jeans with plain maroon top and match it up with a black and gold colored pair of nike janoski.

I went downstairs and found my Mom and my older brother, Zaine Jeco were already eating bacon and egg for breakfast.

"Hey. Caeli Gine Gonsalvez, who's that guy who brought you here last night?" with an authoritative voice. Oh well, that's my big brother.

I'm not in the mood to answer his question. Maybe that 'annoying guy' brought me home last night and I don't even know him, so I don't even care. I know I'm not like this before, but please! Blame them!

I kissed my mom on her cheek then went out of our house. Good thing my brother won't be able to go to school today because he's sick. But on the other side, I hate it because no one will drive me to school. You see, I'm only 18 and I still don't have a professional driver's license.

As I walk inside the University, someone called me from behind..

"Gineeee!"

I know her. And that's Aurora Belo, my close friend. We're not best friends. Actually, she's just my classmate. She's a nagger, and so much girlish that made us two, very opposite.

"Oh? Aurora! Hello!" and I smiled at her. Look how fake I am.

She suddenly hugged me. I have this habit of not being able to control my facial expressions when someone says something stupid or annoying. And this Aurora make me sick!

As we walked down the hallway, most of the students were looking at us. Why? The girl with me (Aurora) is wearing a high waisted pair of black jeans, a floral crop top, then a pair of black doll shoes. Isn't she lovely?

Both of us stopped from walking when we've seen someone familiar on our way. He's wearing a black pair of pants , white shirt and a pair of black nike janoski. Who wouldn't have ever know this Guy? He's Francis Gonzalez. He's the smartest among the class in this University.

Aurora jumped into excitement and ran towards him. Aw. Isn't it sweet? They're hugging each other right now, right here in the hallway.

I don't know. But again, I feel like my heart's like throbbing again. As I close my eyes and tried not to remember all the shit things they had done to me but I couldn't help it. It ran through my thoughts again and again.

--
Please Support this story! Thankyou!