The Interview

The warm coffee was touching my lips. I looked out of the window. Another cloudy and rainy morning in Buenos Aires, followed up by an interview with a young, successful guy. It's my first interview, and it's with Mr. Vargas. I don't know that much about him, except that he's a successful motocross driver. I heard a horn blow nearby my room. It was my taxi. It was time to go. And it's time for the interview.

My taxi stopped in front of a tall, grey building in the central Buenos Aires. I stepped out of the taxi, and entered the building. The place was gigantic. Many people walked pass me, and I just tried to find Mr. Vargas' office. A lady stopped up, and looked at me. "You're the one, who's doing an interview with Mr. Vargas?". I looked at her. How did she know? I mean, it's not like that I'm walking around with a sign that says "I'm the girl, who's making an interview with some successful guy." "Yes, my name is Violetta Castillo." "Follow me", the lady said, and she followed me to a lift. "Mr. Vargas will see you now".

I entered Mr. Vargas' office. When the door closed, I tipped and dropped all my papers and my pen. Mr. Vargas looked at me, and gave me his hand. He helped me standing up.  "Mr. Vargas, nice to meet you", I said. He looked at me again with his hazel eyes and said "Call me León". He seemed a bit mysterious, on the other hand also polite. I started to ask some of the questions. Actually, it was my best friend and roommate Francesca who was supposed to do the interview, but due to her schedule, she wasn't able, so I had to do it. 

Suddenly, in the middle of a question, he interrupted me and said "enough about me. I'd like to know more about you", he looked at me with that mysterious smile. "There's nothing much to know about me, I'm not that special". "To me, you're special", he replied. What did he mean by "special"? He just met me? Has he been stalking me on the internet? It was....... Well.......

It was the end of the interview. He followed me to the lift, and before the door closed, he looked at me and said "Violetta". I looked at him and said "León", and then the door closed. 

I stepped out into the rain, trying to catch a taxi. It hasn't stopped raining for 3 days. The weather was making me depressed, I miss the sunshine. But I couldn't forget the thing about that León said that I was "special". I don't get it. I'm just a normal, uninteresting college girl from the suburb of Buenos Aires. Meanwhile he was a successful, but mysterious motocross driver. But he gave me his business card with his email. I decided to send him an email and say thanks for the interview. Five minutes later, he replied me and told me that he wanted to see me again. Was he in love with me, or something like that? I'm only 21. I've never even had a boyfriend. But I decided to say yes, and he told me that we should meet at a café nearby his office, next week. 

My roommate knocked on the door. "Violetta! I just wanted to say thank you for doing the interview. I've been so terribly busy, with school, and studying and....." I interrupted her, saying "Hey Fran, it was okay. He was very polite". "Very polite? I want details! How did he look, was he hot? Wait a minute..... Vilu, you have a crush on him!" "Me? A crush on him? No! Why should I have that? I mean, it was an interview, and I don't even know him that well". 

I closed my eyes, and lied down. It was the end of the day. When I closed my eyes, the first thing I saw was León. I opened my eyes again, and closed them quickly, but León appeared again. I can't get him out of my head. What is happening? It was just an interview, and it's just a meet-up at the café. Nothing's going on between us. As far as I know........