On the Road Again

They had packed a few things and went over the map for the past two days, preparing for the journey ahead. Now this journey wasn't going to be heroic, saving damsels- I'm looking at you Sam- in distress. This was going to be a venture of self discovery, yay!

"Alright, we've got apples and other foods. We've got two maps just in case and other assorted things like medical kits, right?" Gabriel questions, he glances at the two in front of him.

"Yep!" Sam beams excitedly, rocking on his heels.

"Well let's go then," Gabriel announces, "Sam, you first- this is your big quest after all.

Sam smiles warmly at his true love, who just smiles back.

Sam steps out the front door, Gabriel and Castiel follow him.

The trio pass many people and houses and streets. Gabriel waves a small and sad goodbye to Michael, knowing that the last time Gabriel took off, the love of Michael's life died. Castiel catches Crowley's eye, and the short frumpy one approaches the tall blue eyed one.

"So, running off into the wilderness again are you? And here I thought we could rekindle something after you had settled down."

"Sod off, Crowley," Castiel replies, sticking his middle finger up. Castiel was not one for confidence or vulgarities or whatever he just did to Crowley, but there was something about his ex that ignited something different within him, maybe that's why he fell in love with him in the first place.

Crowley huffs and storms away as Castiel quickly catches up the love birds, but he hangs back a little, observing them. He observed they way they looked at each other, and the little playful shoves and the flirting between them, as if one is trying to win the other's heart all over again.

Castiel wants a man of his own.

Sure, Castiel was happy for Sam and Gabriel, but why can't he have with someone, what they have with each other? It just wasn't fair... Maybe God was playing favourites?

Gabriel nudges Sam in the ribs, claiming the Moose's attention.

"Yes?" Sam asks, looking down into the shorter man's eyes.

"I-" Gabriel stops and thinks for a moment, "I wanted to see your eyes again," he answers.

"Why?" Sam questions, confusion riddled on his face.

"I wanted to match them to a green out here so I can know how to describe them. I'm still torn between moss green and deep leaf," Gabriel explains. Sam laughs, but one of his big, happy laughs with his head thrown back and his eyes squeezed shut. The kind of laugh Gabriel loves.

"I love you," Gabriel announces as he stops walking, also pulling Sam to a halt. The Moose stops laughing and looks down at the blonde.

"I love you too," the Moose responds.

"No, Sam, I LOVE you. I love-love you... You are just... wow. How did I get so lucky?" Gabriel says, staring up at the Moose like he's Gabriel's most prized possession.

Sam wraps a hand around Gabriel's own, "Hey, I look at you and ask that question every time. How- out of thousands of people- were you the one who was crazy enough to chase a bedtime story, and find me?" Sam replies.

(AN: Kinda cheesy, I know- but it does, somewhat, have a purpose. AND THEY WON'T ALWAYS BE THIS CHEESY. Like I said, PURPOSE.)

Gabriel exhales deeply then Sam leans down and kisses him, sucking on Gabriel's lower lip.

Castiel quickly glances away, he walks past the two lip suckers and up the hill.

Gabriel pulls back slightly, "We should keep moving, we've got a long way to go," he breaths, resting his hands on Sam's shoulders as the the Moose hugs his waist.