Prologue

A knock made Mrs. Hudson start. Not only was it extremely late at night (3:45 in the morning) but it was also incredibly stormy. Mrs. Hudson (who was just heading to bed) hurriedly made her way to the door.

She pulled open the door and gasped as an icy wave of rain blasted her. "Yes? Hello?" She shouted above the wretched winds. Suddenly a figure stepped into the light, hugging herself and shivering. The poor girl was drenched to the bone! "Oh dear, are you alright?" Mrs. Hudson cried.

"I-I-Is th-this where S-sh-sh-Sherlock lives?"

"Yes dear, but-- oh!" The girl suddenly collapsed into poor Mrs. Hudson's arms. Mrs. Hudson (who was actually quite strong) gently carried the girl into the flat and gently dumped her in Sherlock's chair.

I don't care if he gets mad in the morning. "John!" She called loudly. Mary had gone on a trip so John had spent the night. "John come here!" She put on a kettle for tea.

John stumbled out of the spare bedroom, rubbing his eyes. "Wha...?" Mrs. Hudson merely pointed at the poor (h/c) girl curled up in Sherlock's chair. "Oh my!" He rushed over to the girl and checked her pulse, he wandered back over to Mrs. Hudson. "Where did you find her?"

"That's just it! She was on the doorstep, shivering and soaked to the bone, and the only thing she said before she passed out was 'is this where Sherlock lives?'." She took the tea kettle off the stove before it could start wailing.

"Oh my... Do you think we should get him?"

Mrs. Hudson rolled her eyes. "If anything, a new case will do him good. Now, let's see if we can warm the poor child up." She poured out a cup of tea and John nodded,

I wonder what the case will be...