Chapter 1 First Encounter at the Tournament

The sound of clashing steel was loud in the amphitheater of stone. A black cloaked figure parried a crosscut to the chest and attacked with the speed of a cat. Slicing off the armored breastplate of it's opponent, and the person held its sword on the man's throat.

"I give up," the man said, dropping his sword and falling to his knees.

"And the winner of the today's tournament is the mysterious Crimson Sun. The crowd cheered in excitement.

"Who's Crimson Sun. A famous sword fighter,"a spectator asked his neighbor, sitting beside him.

"You don't know who that sword fighter is. Where have you been," the man said," Nobody know's too much about the Crimson Sun, other than that he goes around cleaning up ruthless gangs that participate in tournaments, and disbands them.

Little did the spectators know, was that the Crimson Sun was a female. After wining the tournaments she would sneak home for her father would be furious. Her name was Talea, daughter of Theos and Layla. Talea was a strange girl to most people who didn't know her. She usually stayed alone or with her father, training with him on the art of sword fighting. She was average height of the girls her age of sixteen, but much more mature. She had strawberry blond hair and a fair complexion. Though her closest friend knew she was fiercely loyal and a strong warrior.

Talea walked off the arena and to the area where the announcer gave the prize money. The guards pushing the crowd back, to protect her as she made her way to the platform. The fire light danced as Talea made her way up. On top she stood straight, her hood still covering her face from the people. A short, stubby man came onto the stage and reluctantly gave the money to her. After that she would disappear in flame and no one knew where she when.

Talea always when to the orphanage and secretly put the money inside. The kids, in the morning, would have a decent meals for the next three months.

After dropping the money off, Talea  would slip into her family compound. The only person who knew about the nightly escapades, was her best friend, Ash, a boy a few years older than Talea. He had smokey black hair that had a blood red streak through the center,and sharp features with the iciest blue eyes. He was also lean and built for speed, but had arms with the strength that could carry a broad sword unlike the rest of the boys in her family compound.

Ash had found out about the tournaments by accident. He had walked into Talea's room one night to return a cloak that a friend had borrowed. When he saw that the window was open slightly, he looked out to see a shadow move along the compound wall.' What are you doing Talea,' Ash thought and silently followed. When they got to an abandoned mansion, Ash watched as Talea put on a mask with a fire pattern on it and entered. Ash follows slightly after and sat in the seats surrounding a bordered arena. A bell ringing caught the attention of the crowd and it grew quiet. The announcer told the first rounds and the battles began. Talea flew through the tournament like it was nothing, but not without damage. During the semi-final round, a member of a gang had sliced Talea across the side and she was weak at the end of the tournament. Ash showed up and helped treat Talea before sneaking back into the main house. Talea was ticked off at her secret being found out about and made Ash promise not to tell her father or she would kill him, not really.

Talea and Ash crept to the infirmary, hoping not to be caught by the family doctor. The duo grabbed the bandages and some food from the huge pantry. Ash, then told Talea to go wash up quietly and then he would help bandage her torso, and arms.

The bathwater felt good on her body, cleaning the wound up. When she got out of the tub, Ash quickly tended to the wounds and left to go back to the pantry. Talea then put her loose red shirt on and grabbed an apple. The fruit was juicy and crisp, giving Talea a wonderful sensation.