so..

we had to write a speech for speech class, and this is the option I chose...

Eulogy.

Yesterday he stirred. he was unhappy and he was in pain. His options were few and his soul was bare. Through the silent peace of waking hours he felt a small place where the world didn't hurt. So warm was this place, so trusting it felt that he wished everything could be so calm.

Today he thought. There lay in his view nothingness and hopelessness. his heart felt cold and heavy as would a stone feel in the arms of a man sinking into dark waters. There is peace and there is warmth in this place he found, the place between awake and a dream. That is where he belongs, with no one to judge him and no one to disturb his brief glimpse of happiness.

Tomorrow he will go. he's chosen his route and there's no turning back. Behind the lids of his eyes lay the only refuge, his sanctuary from a life he never asked for and indeed never wanted. he thought, if this be what my life is about then I want none of it.

Forever he'll ache. The childs eye that lead his search for peace lacked the wisdom to see the truth. The truth that no peace lies within the dream. The truth that his options were all around him yet his secluded heart lead him away from. The truth that the real peace is and always will be only found through his pain and NEVER around it. This pain, his pain is not his anymore. he's not around to help and be helped by those that loved him.

The weight of this pain has not gone because it was not transversed, no this pain cannot die with him and so it finds its way into the hearts of those that would give anything to show him the truth. That he was loved, his life had purpose that his young mind had yet to learn, and that indeed as time went past that life would have been honored in its passing.

A soul wrought with discord cannot rest in peace. That warmth, that beautiful small place between awake and a dream, is your heart's elation at the fact that it was given this one more chance to make things right and to bring harmony to a troubled life. It is certain that no dream is beautiful unless you awaken to the chance to make it a reality.

I mourn, not for what has taken place but for what will never get that chance to take place in the future.