Torture

Yibo continuously tapped on his phone screen, trying to escape the awkward tension. He could feel Yixuan staring at him trying to say something and he silently cursed Sungjoo for leaving them alone. He could have brought Yixuan with him... or better yet, he could have gotten Yixuan to sit somewhere else.

'Just let him sit here, Sungjoo's just getting food' He scolded himself and looked up briefly.

It was as if life perfectly timed his instincts because Yixuan looked at him too. Yibo looked down shyly and continued to play the game on his phone. He saw Yixuan open his mouth in his peripherals and slowly raised his chin again, pausing his game.

Yixuan kept his mouth open for a while, Yibo thought that a fly would land inside. His lips finally moved and Yibo subconsciously straightened his back.

"What are you playing?"

Yibo broke eye contact and looked down at his lap as if he forgot he was playing in the first place. "Uh... Clash of clans..." he put his phone in his pocket and folded his hands in an act to show his attention. Yixuan wasn't a bad guy, Yibo stated. He should, at least, try to talk to the guy before disliking him.

"Fun..." Yixuan smiled, Yibo offered one back but he didn't know what else to say, Yixuan seemed to be pulling his lunch out of his bag and Yibo reached for his phone again but Yixuan asked him another question.

"Where's your lunch?" Yibo froze, could feel the notifications at his fingertips but Yixuan was still trying to make small talk.

"I... don't bring a lunch, I eat at home." He saw Yixuan shake his head and he prepared himself for the scolding.

"That's no good! You're so thin, you need to eat." Yibo thought about his mother and how she would always scold him like this. "Here" Yixuan held out an orange and bobbed it in his hands a few times as Yibo stared at it. "It's not going to bite you" He teased.

Yibo laughed softly, "No thank you-"

"Take it." He commanded, and Yibo did as he was told.

"Thank you" He mumbled, staring at the fruit again. He still didn't want to eat it, but Yixuan was staring holes into his face with every passing second. Slowly, Yibo began to peel off the skin, peeking up at the senior before focusing back on the orange.

"You guys are so quiet and boring" A tray slammed down on the table, threatening to spill all the food Sungjoo took his sweet time to get.

'Finally' Yibo's inner voice groaned and he set the orange on Sungjoo's tray before standing up to throw the peelings away, he slowly walked over to the trash can to make sure that Sungjoo would eat it. He turned his head and sure enough, the orange slices were in his mouth and Yixuan was trying to scold him. Smiling softly, he took his time to come back as well.

"That was supposed to be for Yibo" Yixuan whined from the other end of the table. Sungjoo shook his head and waved him off.

"Yibo eats bucket loads at home, trust me, he just doesn't like the school food or taking from other people. And if he does, I gave him food once, he'll bring you a buffet in return. Don't worry much, Yibo knows how to take care of himself." Sungjoo smiled and finished the orange. Yibo pulled his phone back out, knowing he wouldn't be talking much in the conversation, like always. He saw Yixuan looking at him again and he tried to ignore the rest of the glances

"Yibo?" Yixuan questioned. Yibo looked up, a little dazed, he got so into the game he was actually able to block out the conversation.

"Hm?" He hummed, still holding the game in his hands, hoping he misheard.

"What about you?" Yixuan smiled sweetly. Yibo furrowed his brows trying to see if his brain was able to catch the topic.

"Don't even bother asking him." Sungjoo spoke up, "He's always like this, he doesn't really like to talk, he just likes to listen." When Yibo nodded, Yixuan was still expecting an answer.