Underground

14 years later

Eryn raked her fingers through her coppery hair. The robot before her stood as powerful and robust as always, not a dent on it.

"It must have some weakness," she thought." something."

Then she spotted it, the cords that held the head on were thin and poorly protected, Eryn leapt into action, her big red-copper wings unfurled and she took off. She ricocheted of the wall and crashed into the robot, finally finding a fingerhold on the seemingly inpentitrable robot skeleton, she curled her tail up around the creation's neck and, with the razor-sharp, knifelike tip, shredded the thin rubber and wire. The robot's head clunked to the floor and crackled with electricity before exploding in a cloud of dust and metal scraps. Then a familiar clapping sounded,

" Well done, Eryn! " a voice called out through the dust " Time to go back to the cages. "

"NO!" Eryn growled as her talon-like fingertips curled into fist. " You have no right to keep the other dragon-children and I locked up behind bars our whole lives."

" It's not for your entire lives, just until the military decides to use their secret weapons." The man spoke, a tiny twinge of venom hid in his voice.

" I don't care, the military can go chasing after blue rocks, we want out of this place!" Eryn's tone began to rise to a shout.

"Eryn, Eryn, you really don't get it do you? This is for our great countries' salvation!" He soothed.

"WELL WHAT ABOUT OUR'S? SOMETIMES WE WOULD PERFER TO BE AWAY FROM YOU SADISTIC DRONES, LIVING OUR LIVES LIKE WE SHOULD! AND NOT BEING LAB RATS TO YOUR TESTING, WE DON'T CARE IF IT'S "all for the greater good." WE WANT TO BE FREE!"

The scientist looked shocked for a second,  he took a step back and let out his breath like he had just been kicked in the chest by a horse.

" LET.... US..... GO!" Eryn shrieked, a puff of smoke curled from her jaws, it filled the room with a thick haze. She leapt off the robot's corpse and charged at the man, suddenly she crashed into a wall of Plexiglas and fell to the floor, knocked out.