Chapter 3

"Lazy Day" (unedited)

The sun shines through a small space of my curtain, waking me up. Sitting up in bed, i feel light-headed and nauseous. Letting out a small groan i press my face into the pillow.

"Im going to work babygirl have a good day at school" My father says kissing my head.

Looking up at him a weak smile "Okay dad have a good day at work" He nods walking out the door.

"Dad wait" i try to shout but stop, because the ringing in my ears and the pounding in my head make me whimper.

"Addie what's wrong " suddenly my father is by my side with concern written across his middle aged face.

"i don't feel so good" I whimper  softly " ill go wake your brother, you're staying home from school today and adian is helping you." I nod in response, slumping back into bed. I have no idea why i feel like this but I sure as hell hope it's over soon.

When my father left, my brother came in my room and cuddle me until i fell back alseep.

The smell of something amazing woke me up, i wonder what adian's cooking.

Hopping out of bed i run down the stairs and right into a strong chest

"ouch" arms wrap around my small waist and i hear i familiar chuckle, looking up to see the one and only Jay bennet.

Furrowing my eyebrows i rub my head "What are you doing here??" running a hand through his hair he smiles awkwardly

"I noticed you didn't come to school, and drew told me where you lived so i decided to come check on you". awe look at him being all worried about me, how cute.

"aweee jay, that's sweet. i didn't come because when i woke up  this morning i felt like crap, my head is still pounding but i don't feel so nauseous" I tell him.

Walking into the kitchen, we see my brother making BLT's and french fries, yum!

"Hey short stuff, how'd you sleep" the worlds best older brother asks me

"great actually, are one of those for me" I smile innocently referring to the plates of food he has in front of him.

"Of course not im just gonna let my sick baby sis starve" adian rolls his eyes sitting a plate in front of me

"You want one bro" my brother nods at jay.

"um, yeah sure" nodding my brother places the second plate in front of jay and starts to make another sandwich

"wanna go in my room and watch some netflix after we eat?" i take a bite of my BLT looking at jay

"Netflix and chill" he wiggles his eyebrows. Smaking his arm i scoff

"Ew, pig" he laughs rubbing his arm lightly

"I was joking adds, yeah lets watch nemo " nodding quickly taking another bite of my sandwich i smile

"omg yes i love that movie" jay smile and whispers " secretly its my favorite movie " my brother laughs

"My favorite movie is monsters inc" this makes jay chuckle and sigh in relief

"didn't want to lose my man card infront of you " i giggle slightly

"A little too late for that" i joke finishing my sandwich and fries

"Hey!" he juts out his lower lip in a pout. Sighing playfully, i mumble

"Fine, you're still kind of manly" jay gives me his signature award winning smile. Rolling my eyes i put my plate in the sink and walk upstairs, with jay right on my tail.

Jay and i sit on my bed, back against the head board watching nemo. My head on his shoulder and his arm around mine. We quote most of the movie sharing laughs here and there, everytime his fingers brush the exposed part of my hip i get this tingly bolt of electricity running through my veins.

"Lesley" my dad knocks on my bedroom door addressing me by my middle name. "Yes dad?" i sit up away from jay, this action makes the brown haired boy frown slightly. "Are you feeling any better sweetpea?" My dad walks over to me placing his large hand on to my forehead " i still feel a little bad but ill be okay" sighing to himself, he states, "you're really warm, im not letting you go to school tomorrow either" Nodding i lean back into jay, and he wraps his arms around me as my dad exits the room, shuting the door behind him.

Jay looked down at me with confusion in his eyes. "where's your mom?" this made me stiffen. "u-um she died when i was nine" i clear my throat, to keep the sob that threatened to escape, down.
"im sorry for asking" he seemed upset with himself. "its alright" i managed to say without crying

Later that night jay went home and my dad and brother went out to eat and grab grocery for the house. Once again i was home alone. tap tap. Looking around i try to find where the noise is coming from. tap tap. Walking over to the window i open to see no one's there. Shrugging it off i got to my bathroom to take a quick shower.

Stepping out the shower i wrap a towel around myself and brush my wet. I walk out of my en suite and back into my room to get dressed.

"you have a nice voice" i gasp and jump what feels like ten feet in the air. i turn to see the Bad Boy in all his glory sitting on my bed

"blake? what are you doing here? how do you even know where i live" he chuckles as i clutch onto my towel tighter

"just wanted to come see you, i noticed you weren't at school today" he shrugged non chanantly twirling a key chain

"so how you feeling" he continues laying back on my bed

"um, okay" i shift, walking over to my closet to find some clothes to wear

"You don't sound so sure" he pauses for a moment, and is so silent it causes me to turn around. "if not i could take care of you" he whispers his face just mere inches away from mine

swallowing the lump in my throat i nod, not noticing my towel dropped....

---------------------------------------

Hello all my beautiful readers its your author here. just wanting to apologize for the short chapter.

i hope you enjoyed reading

updates will be thursdays or sundays

the picture above or to the side is of Jay Cross

comment, vote, enjoy