Chapter 1.

~*~

Now, before I start the story of my tragic but true life I must tell you a little bit about me.

My full name is Callisto Carmelina-Anastasiya Dimitriou. I am 17 years of age and I work at my local library and I run track and field for my school. I live in Boston, Massachusetts but I was born in Athens, Greece. I am Greek, a little Hebrew and Russian. I have wavy brown hair and crystal blue eyes. I have some freckles, rosy pink cheeks and full lips.

My family is very wealthy, like REALLY wealthy. I attend a highly elite school here in Boston but I don't have a lot of friends and I've never had a boyfriend. But, I hardly ever see my parents, my mother is a world-renowned heart surgeon so she travels almost everywhere; my father is the defensive end for the New England Patriots so I don't see him a lot either. My only friend is my Norwegian Forest Cat named Chicago.

Now that you know a little about myself, I'll let you get back to the story.

~*~

"What in the world?" I thought to myself, wondering if a box dropped or my wackjob neighbor sneaking in again.

You see, my neighbors, the Lawkins are a weird bunch. Their 10 year old son named Ark (weird right) snuck into our basement once. To this day we still have no clue why, he just broke the basement window and sat in the corner until dawn peaked through the window when my father found him. Frickin' weirdos is what they are.

I peaked though the tops of my reading glasses and looked around. My heart was thumping so loudly I felt it pulsating up in my throat.

I placed my black and green aviator reading glasses on the marble side table next to our brown leather couch.

Groaning, I lazily got up from my very comfy spot on my nice and toasty warm couch.

My sock covered feet padded over to my father's closet near the front of his luxurious office. I opened the huge mahogany door and pulled out his Louisville Slugger, grasping it with two hands I lugged it over my shoulder as I would if I was about to bat in baseball.

I tip toed my way around our overly large kitchen, nearly stubbing my toe on the stools that surrounded our humongous bar, only for my lovely parents of course, crossing through our laundry room, which was quite unnecessary because none of us do the laundry, we leave that to our wonderful Dutch maid Aleida. Aleida is more of a mother to me than my own, she sleeps at her own apartment though, not at our house.

Rounding the white waled corner of the laundry room and out the door, I saw the brown door of our very creepy basement.

My hand shakily reached for the door knob and slowly twisted it to the side and clicked it open.

When the door opened all I saw was pitch black that is until I shifted towards the door and switched the light on so I could travel down the stairs safely.

I slowly crept down each stair one by one holding my breathe as my stomach was caught in my throat. As I finally reached the last step I brought my slugger upto my shoulder to position it if anything where to jump forward and try to attack me.

I turned the corner around the railing of the stairs just to see a toppled over box of Christmas decorations.

I sighed a long sigh of relief knowing that I got worked up for nothing.

I placed the slugger and pepper spray on the floor and walked over to the toppled over box of decorations. I crouched down and started picking up the decorations humming Rock The Cashbah. I love The Clash.

Just as I was about to stand up I felt a hand slink around my waist and an object pressed to my back which I presumed to be a gun.

"Don't say a word darlin' or I'll just have to pull the trigger." the Irish voice gently whispered into my ear.

The person then wrapped a bandana around my mouth and I caught a glimpse of his ocean blue eyes which glistened in the moonlight that shimmered through the tiny window in which he used to break into my house.

I was mesmerized by his eyes that I almost was locked into a trance.

"Something on my face darlin'?" he smirked and cocked his eyebrows up.

I shook my head quickly and he chuckled a very deep chuckle.