My Childhood friend

Adlet POV.

Raina, my childhood friend 3 years older than me, is behaving weirdly these days.

Whenever he makes eye contact with my sister, Shetra, he would blush uncontrollably and hastily turn his head around.

Could he be in love?

...

...

I swiftly turned my head around to face said childhood friend and shook him violently by his shoulders.

"You! You love Shetra???" I shouted in undisguised shock as the meadow was pierced by silence after my exclamation.

...

"WHAT? Are you crazy? How did you even come up with that conclusion? Adlet, you are delusional." Raina slapped my hands off as he continue to swing his wooden sword around.

Now, I really can't believe what you just said when you are obviously flushing over that one sentence.

Are you serious? Raina? My sister?

"..." I gapped at Raina as he turned his head around in haste.

I can still see your ears you know.

It's really red.

I sighed as I continued to practice with the powers I recently obtained.

As I twirled my fingers, small shards of icicles surrounded them, starting a beautiful waltz as I conducted a 'musical' with my index finger.

However, my concentration broke off when Raina complained about how unfair it was that he couldn't use 'special' powers since he was a male.

It's kind of funny though, since I would be way weaker than him without my powers. 

Talking about being a Saint, the procedure of me becoming one was quite strange.

I had not expected myself to be chosen as the Saint of that temple when all I had did was walk past the temple. I hadn't even known that temple existed.

Who knew there were a 79th temple? 
Certainly not me.

I grinned as I started to back away from him.

He stared at me suspiciously as I continued to step back.

When I deemed I was of enough distance from him, "Raina loves Shetra!!" I broke off running into another direction with him hot on my tails.

"Gyah! Come back here!" Raina was screaming hystericlly behind me while I crackled in laughter.

"No way! " I turned around and teased him.

"R-" Just when I wanted to annouce his secret crush on my sister again, I saw a figure walking towards us by the horizon.

My eyes widened as I took in the form of a Kyouma.

My feets stood rooted to the ground as my best friend reached me.

"R-Raina...Is that a.."

Raina gulped involuntarily and pushed me behind his shoulders as the Kyouma came closer.

When I finally got my bearings back together, I hissed at Raina as he positioned his make-shift sword.

"What are you doing!? Let's hurry and go back to the village!" I urged him in worry but from the looks of it, he wasn't listening.

I started perspiring in anxiety when the Kyouma is right infront of me. I nervously exchanged glances with Raina as we stood in silence.

"Good afternoon."

I stood there stupidly, mouth ajar, as the Kyouma with three wings started complaining about how rude we were for not exchanging greetings.

Wha... This Kyouma can talk?

"I've come to speak with the adults of this village, could you two lead me to them?" he said finally.

I stared at the Kyouma warily. He looked like a mutated alligator with 3 wings sprouting from his back.

With another wave of silence, the Kyouma sighed again.

"What mannerless Children. I wonder what have your parents taught you."

'I have no parents though.' I silently thought to myself.

When none of us replied him (?), he sighed yet again and started walking towards the village.

I could only stare.