Atro Spiker

Adlet POV

"Let's find Atro Spiker. There's no use moping around anymore." I whispered to Raina, who stared aimlessly at the empty plot of space in front of him. 

It has been a week since the Kyouma exterminated the village, Hasuna, and it has also been a week since we had lost all the people close to us. Raina who had woke up a few hours after we made our escape tackled me with many questions in which I had no idea how to answer. 

I tried to answer him to the best of my abilities, but as expected, I couldn't withhold my tears from spilling out. 

"They...are really gone?" Raina looked up and me with hopeful eyes, as if begging me to tell him that I was just joking with him.

"I won't joke about this kind of thing!" 

Involuntarily, I gave Raina a harsh slap that made him lose his footing and fall on the hard rocks.

"Ah! I'm sor-" eyes widening at the action of my hands, I immediately retracted my arms and bend down to help Raina up.

"Don't apologize! It's not your fault. I deserve to be beaten up." Raina said, accepting my outstretched hand. He pulled himself up and straight afterwards, a solemn silence fell onto us.

"...Atro Spiker. Who is he?" Raina was the one who broke the silence between us, asking who the famous Atro Spiker was.

"Atro Spiker. He's an old warrior who had lived for over 700 years, who specializes in fighting Kyouma." I answered him simply, averting my eyes when Raina looked up to me with accusing eyes.

"You want to fight the Kyouma??" 

"No, I want revenge." I glanced sideways, unwilling to meet his eyes when Raina gripped my shoulders hardly.

I felt myself getting shook violently, his grip getting tighter and tighter.

"Are you being serious here? You want to fight him? You are just a girl!" Raina screamed hysterically at me, shaking me even with even more power. Hearing him question my answer so much made me really angry.

"I was really scared you know? I didn't know whether or not you were even alive when I went back. What if you had died had left me all alone? I DON'T WANT TO FEEL THAT HELPLESS EVER AGAIN!" I pushed the offending hands off me as I summoned various sharp icicles around me.

"WHAT'S THE USE OF ME HAVING A SAINT'S POWERS, IF I CAN'T EVEN USE IT TO PROTECT MY LOVED ONES?" I gripped the front of my best friend's tunic and buried my face in it.

Sobbing, I cried against his chest and admitted how much sorrow I felt when I saw Shetra being shot in front of me, how much panic welled up in me when I didn't know whether or not Raina was still alive. 

"I don't want to lose anyone ever again..." I figured that by the silence of the atmosphere, Raina was seriously considering my words. But I really felt as it we should take revenge into our own hands. I was lucky that Raina was still with me. I would had lost all my sanity if I had lost him too.

It was only because of Raina, I am still able to think rationally. Although I want to think rationally...the idea of revenge is just so tempting...

If I had more power, maybe I could have saved Shetra, and no own would have been hurt. One week of mindless wandering had really made me numb my feelings. 

I need power. I need power to protect Raina, who doesn't have any Saint's power backing after him. And to do that, I have to find someone to shelter us, to teach us how to hunt the Kyoumas.