My Sister

Adlet POV.

My eyes grew wide with distress as I hear the sound of a gunshot.

Shakily, I turned around to my right, praying with all my might that I heard the name wrongly.

The size of my eyes grew even wider with horror at seeing my sister's chest stained with blood.

"S-Shetra?" I crawled towards the limp body and touched the still warm arm of my only sister.

"S-S-Shetra?"

There was no answer.

New found tears started to gather at my eyes as I pressed her hand against my cheeks.

"So, you are the winner of this game." The dreaded voice resounded from behind me

I flinched as I stare at the lifeless form of my sister.

How dare he.

"Really, humans are so interesting. This is also a displayment of 'Love', am I correct?"

My hands wrapped around Shetra's body as I sobbed into her bossom.

"I hadn't expect both of you to want to answer so quickly though. She was faster wasn't she? In saying her own name. "

...

"Even though you were the lady beside her, she still said her own name. You wanted to do the same didn't you? But she had beaten you to it. Ah, such is familial love. How fascinating. "

I turned around to give him my most hatred-filled glare.

"Since I had promised to let one of you go, well, you are free to go. You still have someone to save, don't you?" The Kyouma prompted.

And then my brain registered the fact that Raina was still fighting. All by himself.

Distracting myself from the unmoving Shetra, I quickly stood on my two legs and rushed back to the village.

"Raina... I beg of you...Please be safe..."

I ran pass the Kyouma as I shot him a look that could kill. My eyes were red from crying, and my lips were still trembling. I figured I did not make a good threatening appearance.

Then, I looked towards his side to peek at the shadowed figure.

Shetra's killer.

I swear. I will attain revenge.

The last thing I saw before I turned around was a few strands of long white hair flowing out of the figure's cloak.

.'.'.'.

After the disease wipped out half the population in the village, I was all alone, with no Papa, and no Mama.

I was in despair, to say the least. But the young me had no idea what that frustrating feeling was.

Starving, I had thought that I would die by the roadside, all alone, with no one by my side, no one caring about me.

However, when all hope was lost, she found me.

"Are you lost, little girl? Can you stand?"

Was the first thing she had asked.

I stared at her extended hand and pondered whether or not to take it.

"Did you lose your loved one ?" She gently asked me, hands retracting back to her sides.

Her hand looked like it would had provided warmth for my icy palms.

I nodded my head and hugged my legs even closer to myself.

It's so cold.

I wonder.. at that time, had she noticed my shivering?

Since a few seconds passed, I felt myself engulfed by warmth after so many bitter weeks of being alone.

"Me too."

Her bitter voice resounded hear my ears.

.'.'.'.

'"Raina! Raina! Answer me if you are there!" I shouted desperately as I avoided the zombie like villagers.

My heels turned at one corner as I continued to shout.

My eyes roomed around the corners, hoping to catch a glimpse of Raina's flop of hair.

When I found an arm trapped underneath debris, I had the inkling that it was him.

Raina?

I quickly rushed forward and used the Saint's power to lift the huge rock up.

Underneath was..

"RAINA!"

I hastily pulled his body out of the area and coughed as smoke went into my system.

"Raina, get a hold of yourself!" I shouted at his unconscious form and wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

I feel my turnic becoming soaked as the blood- Raina's blood- started to stain it.

I had to get both of us out from this village. Now.

Dragging Raina's limp body with me, I staggered in my footsteps as I tried to maintain my focus on trying to avoid the mindless villagers.

I don't want to hurt them, but if I don't retaliate...

I raised my hand and everything became still.

"I'm sorry."

I closed my eyes as all the 'villagers' around me burst into flames.

Resettling Raina around my shoulder, I quickened my steps and quickly ran out of the village.

Looking back one last time, I reminisce about the time I spent with Raina and Shetra. All the happy memories, now gone because of a single Kyouma.

I'm sorry Shetra, for not being able to protect you.

I swear on my life...I'll get revenge for you.

I made a solemn vow silently as I continued to head into the dense forest with Raiga slung on one side of my shoulder, and my sling bag on my other.

.'.'.'.

This is Semi-Au, as I have no idea how Shetra had died (I only know who killed her), and how Raina was attacked.