Glimpsed

Harry James Potter POV

He felt empty, the hole in his middle was slowly gnawing at him everyday. Being the Chosen One didn't have as much flash as it seemed to the outsider. His being ached with loneliness and the once forlorn dream of a family with Ginny crashed to a halt after discovering that she only wanted him for his name. 

As cheesy as it sounded, he was still waiting for that other half of him to erase the feeling of heartache.

But he had given up at this point because there wasn't really anyone that captured his interest or made him feel complete. His heart was dead-set on one person only.

He remembered the silver cat-like eyes that seemed to bore holes through his back with a glance, he remembered the sensation of a fire-like burning travelling across his body when they touched and he remembered how whole he felt when he drank in the sight of him.

Who was that person who made fire burn in the pits of his stomach aching every time he saw him? Draco Lucius Malfoy.

He tried to suppress the feelings he had for the other lad but he couldn't no matter how hard he tried but in the end he let it be. 

He didn't know if Draco had the same feelings but he wanted him dearly to reciprocate. Instead he let Draco slip out of his grasp, out of his life and into the world. He was tired of all those problems that were slowly dragging him down into an abyss of pit black.

The scars inflicted on him shone with a gleam. The voices inside of his head was tearing him inside urging him to break apart into pieces that would one day be picked up by the wind. The icy winter was circling outside and also in his heart which threatened to break each day.

Each day was a slow painful torture of numb pain. His insides were screaming with exhaustion, screaming so loud that it numbed his ears to the point where he didn't care anymore.  What was the point of hoping that one day someone will rescue the hero.

The Boy Who Lived was only for the purpose to save others, no one actually cared about the thought that they were squeezing the life out of him with their pressuring eyes and labelling mouths.

A tear dropped down leaving an imprint on his cheek, leaving a mark on his mind.