Christmas Shopping

Harry James Potter POV 

Draco's body was visibly shaking from the cold. Harry gasped out "Don't you dare to die out on me yet" whilst clutching him as tightly as he could. Draco opened his eyes and murmured "Potter I'll make sure to drag you down to hell with me if I did," he paused midway of his sentence and coughed violently. Harry stroked the blonde's hair back gently and clasped his arms around him tightly before apparating back to his house.

He deposited the man on his sofa and drank in the sight of him. The fire crackled on the side emitting sparks every now and then. He listened to the slow breathing of Draco before ducking into the kitchen to prepare some soup and a warm drink for Draco to wake up to. He Floo-ed into the Aurors office to let his boss know he wasn't going to be attending work for the rest of the day.

Kingsley Shacklebolt however raised an inquisitive eyebrow at Harry before asking why he took Draco home instead of taking him into the Aurors Office to be looked after. Harry grinned sheepishly and quietly replied "I've lost him before, I can't afford to lose him again". 

His foot started tapping impatiently, showing his want to leave as quickly as possible and with a sigh Kingsley dismissed him. He shouted after Harry jumped into the floo reminding him to write a report for the emergency and hand it in 2 days.

When Harry arrived back home, he saw Draco sitting on the edge of his sofa clasping his hands together tightly; staring intently down at the ground. Draco turned his head around and laughed humourlessly before muttering "I thought you left me," Harry walked towards him and gently pulled Draco's head onto his chest. He uttered "I won't leave you, I can't afford to." 

His chest blossomed with warmth and contentment. The loneliness slowly ebbed away, every inch of his broken self being mended all because of the man in his arms.  Harry ushered Draco into his kitchen and gestured him towards the soup.

 "Drink it, it'll warm you up"Harry uttered commandingly. Draco begrudgingly sipped the soup and with each sip you could see colour rising in his cheeks. Harry sat in complacency watching him finish everything.

"Hey, are you up for some shopping before Christmas?"Harry asked. Draco smiled gently but Harry could spot a hint of sadness to it.

 "I don't have any money on me, I got disowned from the Malfoy fortune remember?" Draco said sadly. Harry rolled his eyes whilst smiling gently, "soon you'll have the Potter's fortune to rely on" he replied. 

Draco forlornly looked down and whispered "I don't want to rely on your money, I don't want to impose on you and have you do everything for me. I feel so dirty. I feel like a leech that will only use you for your money", with each word he spoke his eyes watered.

Harry clasped his cheek, "The fact that you care about 'leeching off me' shows how genuine you are, I honestly don't care about spending money on you; all I ask is for you not to leave me." 

Wordlessly Harry tugged Draco towards him and sent him off to change from his ragged pajamas into something of Harry's before apparating them both to the nearby shopping centres. 

Harry's heart ached when he saw how neglected Draco's body was, the lack of food caused his ribs to protrude underneath his skins and you could see each bone in his body clearly. His hair was unkempt so unlike his younger self which was immaculately kept and sleek looking. 

However in Harry's clothes he looked delectable and it was everything in Harry's willpower not to apparate back home to keep Draco all to himself. 

They entered a high-end store that sold men's clothing, halfway through looking at the clothes Draco tugged on Harry's sleeve and declared softly "It's too expensive, let's go somewhere else please. I don't want you to spend this much on me." 

As he said this a tear slid down his cheek. Harry held both of his arms and said "Please just let me spoil you, you need it. I just want to treat you to the best of my ability." 

Slowly Draco nodded and let out a breath before sifting through the clothes on offer. An assistant however, commented "Nice arm tattoo you have there, it looks so dangerous and hot". 

With a sob, Draco ran out of the shop.